Thread: AEW

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default AEW

All Elite Wrestling

Have you guys heard about this new wrestling promotion? Financed by the Khan family (of Jacksonville Jaguars). Run by Cody Rhodes and a tag team (I've admittedly never watched) called the Young Bucks. Recruited Jericho to come over as well as what I guess is supposed to be the hottest free agent since AJ Styles.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredk.../#1381b8ce6eed

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: AEW

I haven't watched it, but it certainly has been making news in the entertainment industry. Cody Rhodes is no slouch and I hear that the Young Bucks are amazing. Also, with Kenny Omega finishing up with New Japan Pro Wrestling, the word on the street is that he is probably going to sign with All Elite Wrestling, with a small outside chance at him signing in the WWE.

All Elite is something that I would like to check out; it is drawing attention for sure.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I haven't watched it, but it certainly has been making news in the entertainment industry. Cody Rhodes is no slouch and I hear that the Young Bucks are amazing. Also, with Kenny Omega finishing up with New Japan Pro Wrestling, the word on the street is that he is probably going to sign with All Elite Wrestling, with a small outside chance at him signing in the WWE.

All Elite is something that I would like to check out; it is drawing attention for sure.

Rylant
    Oh I don't think they are on TV yet. It was just announced. Still kind of exciting.,

Dobber Sports Ace

They announced their first show will be in May. They're working on getting a TV deal now, and it sounds like there are several options.
    The Youngbucks are awesome. They're like a new version of the Hardy boys.

Basically, what Cody and the Bucks are doing is making a new company with all the top indy talent and some of the really goodforeign guys from Japan. Kenny Omega is the absolute best wrestler in the world, and it's assumed that he will be signing with AEW at the end of January (when his New Japan deal runs out) seeing as though the Youngbucks are his best friends. WWE are throwing all the money in the world at him, but his (and AEW's) motto is "Change the World", which he won't be able to do from within WWE. He'll just be another guy that's a part of the machine.

There's a lot to get excited about with AEW. The Khans have way more money than Vince McMahon has, so they can outbid WWE for anybody. Cody and the Bucks have a very good eye for the business, so the storylines will be very well done. Jericho gives them credibility, and PAC (formerly Neville) is out to prove that WWE didn't use him properly. Expect him to steal the show whenever he goes out there. And assuming Omega signs there, then they have the best in the world.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Ted Turner had more money too....