Thread: Malkin or Laine?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Malkin or Laine?

League in my sig

Who do you like? I had kept Laine among my 4 keepers and I know he has another gear but man this year is painful and heÂ’s been sitting on my bench for weeks.

I like Malkin too but he’s no spring chicken. Not sure either are a keeper at this point—if I had to choose today I might go mackinnon, Marner, Krug/Carlson and either Stamkos/Barzal.

Let me know if you think I should keep either, and which is the better bet for this year and maybe beyond
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Malkin or Laine?

With no forward positions Malkin is the easy choice in a keep 4. This is a league where you should be targeting the best 4 players year to year and trying to win every year. Malkin is alot better than Laine right now. So let someone else wait for Laine to pop. Whether that's next season or three seasons from now, it's not worth waiting for in this type of league. The GMs that wait for breakouts from their keepers never win. The guys that keep Malkin, Crosby, wheeler, and burns, then draft well have a much better shot at winning next season.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Malkin or Laine?

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    With no forward positions Malkin is the easy choice in a keep 4. This is a league where you should be targeting the best 4 players year to year and trying to win every year. Malkin is alot better than Laine right now. So let someone else wait for Laine to pop. Whether that's next season or three seasons from now, it's not worth waiting for in this type of league. The GMs that wait for breakouts from their keepers never win. The guys that keep Malkin, Crosby, wheeler, and burns, then draft well have a much better shot at winning next season.
    This 100%. Couldn't have said it better myself