Thread: Husso

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Husso

Is it me, or are there concerns about the future of Husso with Binnington's recent play? Is Husso still the goaltender of the future in STL, or is that changing? Could anyone see STL letting Allen go and we see a tandem of Binnington/Husso next year?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Husso

Husso's always described as being more talented, but if Binnington keeps this up, then who can say. It seems unlikely that the Blues would go with Binnington/Husso next year if only because Husso's development would be better with full-time work in the AHL and veteran goalies are cheap. And if the Blues have any intent to reach the playoffs, it'd be hard to sell the team on going in with unproven commodities at goalie, unless Binnington can keep it up. Both Binnington and Husso are RFA's this summer, so perhaps the Blues will make a choice then that will make it clear for us.

Dobber Sports Icon

Binnington can become a UFA this summer if he doesn't play 30 or more minutes in 23 more games this season. He would be a Group VI free agent if he does not have 28 NHL games played by the end of the regular season. St Louis has 39 regular season games left. Husso is waiver exempt again next season and with his stats from the current year, I doubt the Blues are excited to have him in the NHL next year.

I doubt St Louis would run a Binnington/Husso tandem next season especially with Allen being signed for 2 more seasons.

The Great One

Husso has been horrible all season in the AHL, whereas Binnington had decent numbers (which is why he was recalled and not Husso). Since his arrival in the NHL, Binnington has continued to play well. I could see an Allen/Binnington tandem next year.

Husso will be in the AHL for at least two more seasons, imo. I don't see Allen going anywhere until his contract is up.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't think there's much chance the Blues move Allen. he's their golden boy, and he's not actually been that good.

I do think that Binnington's play means that he's passed Husso on the depth chart, but who knows what happens and what players are in the system when the Blues give up on Allen as their #1.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

At 23 years old, Husso has some time before people need to start worrying about him. Binnington playing well or not, Husso was a couple years out anyway.

People need to relax on Husso.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."