Thread: Matthews Letang for Malkin Krug

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Matthews Letang for Malkin Krug

My Malkin Krug for his Matthews Letang

Malkin: injury bug worries but his his 37 pts third quarter last year excites me. I feel like he's ready to go on a tear or get hurt...

Krug: constant exposure to the top line

Matthews: his deployment is starting to worry me, not sure if it should be based on his talent?

Letang: injury bug worries but appears to be having a career year, puts up way more peripherals than Krug

I also have Jamie Benn - I would do Benn/Krug for Matthews/Letang in a heartbeat but I don't think hes going to go for that.

It seems fairly even to me but what way would you lean? One year redraft league. G-4, A-3, PPP-1, PIM-0.2, SOG/Hit/Block 0.3 each.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Matthews Letang for Malkin Krug

I have Matthews and Letang on two of my teams. I'm WAY OUT IN FIRST in one league and battling up the ladder in the other. I traded away Malkin.

I personally like this deal for you and would have no problem making it.

I like Matthews over Malkin (both seem to battle injuries, but one is a decade younger and I feel, will be better over his career).
    Letang also injury prone (but Krug seems to be battling some of his own). Letang is the better fantasy asset in your format when heatlhy, so YES. I take this deal.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

One year re-draft league...

I keep Malkin and Krug.

Yes, Malkin has an injury history... but so does Matthews and Letang. So you are not getting an advantage there.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    One year re-draft league...

I keep Malkin and Krug.

Yes, Malkin has an injury history... but so does Matthews and Letang. So you are not getting an advantage there.
    Missed this. I'm still taking Matthews and Letang. Malkin always seems to get injured and/or take time off as the season winds down...all during playoffs. Letang is more valuable than Krug so my answer remains Matthews and Letang IMO.

Dobber Sports Sage

In a one year its pretty lateral to me. If I'm betting I'll take Malkin and Krug to out point Letang and Matthews ROS.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):