Thread: PIMs / but multicat possible targets?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default PIMs / but multicat possible targets?

Reviewing my team the one category I can't really count on week to week is plus minus and pims (and sure I do account some of that on today's nhl). In trying to tighten up my team for the playoffs are there any semi reliable players short of what would have been bruisers in years past (thinking the like of gudas as a d man), that I should be taking a look at trade wise that shouldn't cost and arm and a leg? Possible waiver wire targets? Thinking I can move a little of my LW depth if needed... or is it safer to pick up a dman type ..... the name one out there in my league that gives a little of both is Michal Kempny D for the caps but I've been leary on him all year seems like Yahoo gives a fair bit of their ranking preference to PIM's maybe its just me Fwds guys like Philip Danault are out there, Barclay Goodrow, Alex Kerfoot, Tyler Bertuzzi, Jeff Carter, Jake Virtanen, Ryan Hartman... but all leave a fair bit to be desired.

The Great One

Default Re: PIMs / but multicat possible targets?

Assuming it's H2H, I probably wouldn't chase +/- or PiMs; you'll likely just sacrifice your other skater categories. Not sure if that's helpful, but in the one yahoo league I'm in I just totally ignore those cats and it's working well for me so far (I'm in 1st out of 10).

Dobber Sports Veteran

If you're losing +/- and PIMs by a decent margin every week, 1 player won't fix that issue. Sometimes it's better to just "punt" those cats in order to secure the win in others.

Both cats are way too volatile from week to week, and aside from stacking your team with the best players from the best teams you can't really count on +/-.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd grab Danault. He's on pace for 50+ points, gets good deployment, and is generating decent PIM.

Kempny was just grabbed off the wire in my multicat dynasty (not in sig). We have PIM and Hits+Blocks, no plus-minus. I'd been looking at him, but even in a daily start 6, he'd be hard for me to use.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.