Thread: Trade Offer Help

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Trade Offer Help

G A P PPP SOG +/- PIM

Keeper keep forever almost the whole team is kept, got offered:

His: Pavelski + Tolvanen (farm)
    for
    My: Guentzel

I love Guentzel I think he is firmly settled into that top line role with Sid and will produce at a high level moving forward for many years. Pavelski won't hurt my push this year (close to the same ranking as Guentzel currently in yahoo) and will still contribute for the next 1-2 maybe 3 years I'd say (he's 34). The kicker here is Tolvanen how good is he really? Do we think he plays a full season next year in Nashville? He was OK at World Juniors. His AHL number aren't amazing (0.5 points per game). Any advice would help me, I'm tempted to pull the trigger. Thank you in advance for any opinions.
    In too many leagues to name.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Trade Offer Help

I think Guentzal is going to be a monster here on out. Horny is out and even when he comes back, hard to take Guentzal of that PP. He had put up monster numbers his whole career (except last year's regular season) and now he's getting the opportunities too. I'd hold Jake here

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Trade Offer Help

I would keep Pavelski/Tolvanen personally. I like Guentz to an extent, but I think Pavelski is producing at a very good rate this year. He will fall off one of these seasons, but it hasn't happened yet. Tolvanen in a league like yours with farm is very valuable. I am not a fan of Tolvanen's relative to like Zadina or A. Svechnikov. But many others are. I think you can get much better than Guentz for Pav and Tolvanen. And if not, I would look to do something else. Either way, Tolvanen has a chance to be better than Guentz all by himself, or at least he's amongst that group of prospects that stand the best chance to do so. Guentz will probably continue to have a terrific season. But this is likely his best season and I don't think his chances are very good for him to consistently producing at this clip year to year.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)