Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Loosing patience on Laine...time to move him ?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Question Loosing patience on Laine...time to move him ?

Hi everyone,

I'm currently first and going for the win this year and loosing patience with Laine. I've looked at a few games recently and he seem to have lost is touch. Sniper yes but I dont see anything outstanding in him. I'm currently thinking of keeping Seguin and Panarin for next year as we only keep 2 Fwds.

I got 2 potential offers...
    1- Laine for Skinner. With Eichel coming back, I feel Skinner will be consistent for the rest of the year and strong 2nd half.
    2- Laine and Monstour for Johansen and Subban. With Forsberg back, got a feeling that both Johansen and Subban will have a strong 2nd half. Johansen can fill the spot to replace Laine and Subban takes over Sutter/Pietrangelo spot in Def.

I hate thinking of trading Laine but I dont see how he can bounce back this year. Hes very streaky however hes not doing anything at the moment.

Pull a move or be patient ?

Thx!
    Head to Head Limited Keepers (keep 2fwd + 1Def + 1goalie)
    12 teams, play:8f,4d,2g,5b
    G (1.5) -A-PPP-SHP - +-(0.5) -W(2) + SO(3)

F: Barkov - Seguin - Kopitar - Johansen - Keller - Gourde - Drouin - Perron - Atkinson - Gusev - Zucker - Hayes

D- Karslon - Fowler - Ghost - Nurse

G- Price - Kumper - Hutton

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Loosing patience on Laine...time to move him ?

Laine will have a big second half; but I'm not opposed to trading him either. However, if I'm you, I move him for a top goalie (if you can get one). That seems to be a weakness in your team IMO. What goalies would realistically be attainable for Laine?

Dobber Sports Padawan

I've been frustrated too, but I knew when I traded for him last year that he'd be a work in progress. Maybe not to this extent but there is obviously a lot of potential under the hood that is taking longer to develop than most high end young players. He needs a lot of work and mental growth still.

I'm not contending this year and have already begun retooling my keepers so I'm cool holding him until next season unless I get a crazy offer in the meantime. I haven't aggressively shopped him or anything but I've been approached by other GMs about him. Someone offered me Landeskog which is tempting (as the owner of both MacKinnon and Rantanen) but stacking all three Avs is risky and I feel it would be selling low on Laine and buying high on Landeskog. Still haven't ruled it out entirely though.

Best move might be to wait for his next inevitable hot streak and shop him then. His value is the lowest it's been right now.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

I'm shopping him with 2 GMs that are building for next year therefore dont think I'll get much more then Skinner or Subban / Johansen for this year ... and will loose him for next year. I agree with the goalie comment but theres nothing much available at the moment, no one is really moving any top goalies

F: Barkov - Seguin - Kopitar - Johansen - Keller - Gourde - Drouin - Perron - Atkinson - Gusev - Zucker - Hayes

Dobber Sports Sage

I think it all depends on the return. In a keep 2 forward league with your settings there are better top end forward options than Laine, who could take a few years to come into a consistent fantasy producer. This is the type of limited keeper league that id be trying to win every season so let someone else keep Laine while he's not yet elite, if the return brings a better elite keeper now.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

MZac, which trade option you prefer...Skinner or JOhansen + Subban. I'm also discussing Forsberg trade...he wants a draft pick which I may throw in.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Laine not a keeper in this format yet, would go the Johannson / Subban route - Laine = Johannson, Subban > Montour.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Italbro View Post
    MZac, which trade option you prefer...Skinner or JOhansen + Subban. I'm also discussing Forsberg trade...he wants a draft pick which I may throw in.
    I'm not huge on any of them to be honest. To me there are two reasons to trade Laine.

1. To add depth to a championship run for this season;

Or

2. To upgrade a keeper position.

None of them offer an upgrade on Panarin or Seguin and Karlsson is obviously your D keeper so no 2 is out.

The only one that would qualify for consideration would be Johansen and Subban. I don't hate this trade but I don't love Johansen. I think there's a good chance Laine could out point him down the stretch in your format. Subban is a nice upgrade though. It's a close call for me and I can see arguments for both sides.

If somehow Laine ends really strong (it's very possible) he may make a case for your 2nd forward keeper where Johansen has no shot at that. I'll admit Laine likely doesn't pass Panarin or Seguin this season though.

Edit: Who are the other top forwards on the team offering Johansen and Subban? I'm guessing he is not in competition and wants to keep Laine in a forward spot so he may be willing to improve the forward.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

His top fwds were Stamkos and Kucherov...he traded stamkos so he doesnt have anything left other thhen Johansen and Subban.

The GM with Forsberg may be willing to trade for Laine. Is Forsberg a better option then Joh and Subbam

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Italbro View Post
    His top fwds were Stamkos and Kucherov...he traded stamkos so he doesnt have anything left other thhen Johansen and Subban.

The GM with Forsberg may be willing to trade for Laine. Is Forsberg a better option then Joh and Subbam
    I think forsberg is too lateral myself. I'd prefer the depth of jsohansen and Subban over it.

Any way to add to Laine and pull off Kucherov?

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Thanks for the advise. As for Kuch, theres bo chance hes moving him, tried it already

I was offered my Laine for draisiatl and Landeskog. Thinking about it now

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Ice chips View Post
    Yeah take that one - and that's coming from a huge Jets fan.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Ice chips View Post
    This is definitely my favorite.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Guru

I feel like we've had this discussion with Laine when he had just two goals in his first 12 games and was on the third and fourth lines. Then he had 18 goals in his next 12 games and all was forgiven.

The Draisaitl/Landeskog deal is a good one. But I wouldn't be trading Laine just to trade him. The guy will catch on fire again.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid