Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bobs out tonight

The Great One

Default Re: Bobs out tonight

Further to my previous post, I've gone back through some news feeds and asked some Columbus fans who follow the Jackets more than I do, and apparently prior to this incident Bobrovsky was a no-show for two meetings (one in the summer and one in the pre-season). Also, he has been asked often by the media about his plans with the Jackets next year, and he has bluntly told the media that Columbus management know what his plans are, and otherwise refuses to discuss the matter. It seems very clear to me that Bobrovsky wants out and intends to explore free agency, if he isn't traded to a desirable team beforehand. I can only assume that this latest incident is more of the same from Bob.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

Sounds to me that Bobrovsky has told them what it's going to take for him to come back, contract-wise, and is waiting for Jarmo to pony up. I expect he will be looking for a "Price like" type of contract. I just dont see CBJ doing that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Sounds to me that Bobrovsky has told them what it's going to take for him to come back, contract-wise, and is waiting for Jarmo to pony up. I expect he will be looking for a "Price like" type of contract. I just dont see CBJ doing that.
    But Bob has two Vezinas to Price's one......

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    But Bob has two Vezinas to Price's one......
    And I'm sure that will come up in negotiations.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Bob is better then price
    12 team keeper, Keep 7 players, H2H. Categories (G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    C: Matthews, Barkov, Mackinnon, Horvat
    LW: Draisaitl, Bertuzzi, Nelson, Hertl, Arvidsson
    RW: Pastrnak, Rantanen, Atkinson,
    D: Ekholm, Suter, Klefbom, Provorov
    G: Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Genius

Anyone adding his finish backup? Won't attempt to spell. Oh eff it, korpisalo?!
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I need in my own league as I’m a Bobrovsky owner
    12 team keeper, Keep 7 players, H2H. Categories (G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    C: Matthews, Barkov, Mackinnon, Horvat
    LW: Draisaitl, Bertuzzi, Nelson, Hertl, Arvidsson
    RW: Pastrnak, Rantanen, Atkinson,
    D: Ekholm, Suter, Klefbom, Provorov
    G: Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Expert

The article in under a paywall so I haven't read it but Kekalainen was quoted saying the suspension was unrelated to contract talks and wasn't about a dispute with Torts. That could easily be BS though. Gun to my head I'd guess he's been apathetic and missed or was late to a couple/several team events.

Brian Hedger
    @BrianHedger

#CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen: “This is nothing to do with a contract. It has nothing to do with Tortorella. Nothing ... People make decisions every day, and they have to live with the consequences of their decisions, and that’s what this is about.”#CBJ -> http://dispatch.com/sports/20190110/blue-jackets--sergei-bobrovskys-status-undecided-for-next-game …

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Im not reading anything more into this than what it probably is. He screwed up, said something or did something to piss someone off and they are slapping him on the pee-pee for it. People are already trying to blow this out of proportion. Meh, it happens.
    While you might be right, look at the context. Torts is notorious about feuding with players and keeping them in his doghouse. Bob is looking for a huge contract this summer which is probably not going to be with Columbus. As a casual observer, it seems like Torts has been pulling him or leaving him in to get shelled a couple times already this year. With how much Bob has riding on the next couple months, I could see the situation becoming more explosive. I don't know much about Bob personally but if he doesn't handle things well, the situation could come to a head.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by ddp View Post
    Anyone adding his finish backup? Won't attempt to spell. Oh eff it, korpisalo?!
    I did in the league I own Bob......and I did in the league I own Murray, Luongo and Markstrom and lose every week on goalie cats.

Dobber Sports Genius

I really like Price as a goalie but honestly even though it's one of/if not the most important position in hockey no goalie should be paid that much. There just to volatile year to year. When Loungo, Lundy and MAF hang them up the era of the franchise goalie or at least perennial starter will be over. I think the most a team should pay a goalie would be 8 million a year. However the market has been set and Bob certainly has the comparables to Price outside of one half decent playoff run.

Now there is a couple points I would like to make. I say this on pure value for contract for building a winner and managing the cap. I think players in any sport should make as much as what makes sense from a business perspective. So if said goalie brings more people to the stands, sells more jersey, great in the community etc... then his value is linked to that, just as much as it's linked to his on ice performance. People sometimes get caught up on how much a certain players makes (more in other sports) but I equate it to a company making a business decision. And there usually not making them to lose money.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Administrator

It would have been so much better for Columbus if they could have somehow called it an undisclosed injury and really kept it in-house. Now it's all in the public and since they were very non-specific about what happened people are making wild assumptions. This doesn't help his trade stock at all and it puts the Blue Jackets in a tougher position.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It would have been so much better for Columbus if they could have somehow called it an undisclosed injury and really kept it in-house. Now it's all in the public and since they were very non-specific about what happened people are making wild assumptions. This doesn't help his trade stock at all and it puts the Blue Jackets in a tougher position.
    Or even just say what happened. Assuming it's not something criminal...anything is better than this.

Dobber Sports Guru

Columbus is stupid here. Not only were they already going to need to move him (or lose him), and now they've lost leverage even more than before with teams--other GMs can argue he's a problem in trade talks.

If I am Columbus, I would try to hide ALL of this all year--start him often, get Ws from him, and pretend he's a model citizen regardless of how many meetings he misses or times he backtalks to Torts. At this point, they might as well give up on trying to get value from him in a trade and ride him as much as possible in the season and playoffs.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Columbus is stupid here. Not only were they already going to need to move him (or lose him), and now they've lost leverage even more than before with teams--other GMs can argue he's a problem in trade talks.

If I am Columbus, I would try to hide ALL of this all year--start him often, get Ws from him, and pretend he's a model citizen regardless of how many meetings he misses or times he backtalks to Torts. At this point, they might as well give up on trying to get value from him in a trade and ride him as much as possible in the season and playoffs.
    I get what you're saying but without knowing the offence (or number of offences) its hard to say Columbus mishandled this. Letting things slide for one person only for any reason can be a great way to lose the rest of the team. I'm not saying you aren't right just that we need more info before we can really be sure it was a dumb Columbus move. For all we know the other players were demanding something be done.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):