Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bobs out tonight

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Bobs out tonight

#CBJ G Sergei Bobrovsky has now skated into the ice, about three minutes after practice started.
    https://twitter.com/Aportzline/statu...753918466?s=19

And now J-F Berube has conceded his practice net to Sergei Bobrovsky and skated off the ice. #CBJ
    https://twitter.com/Aportzline/statu...690128897?s=19
    12 teams, Yahoo H2H, daily, keep 5.

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN, IR+
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Pettersson
    LW: M.Tkachuk (+RW), Zucker (+RW), Coleman (+RW), N.Foligno (+C)
    RW: Kucherov, Svechnikov (+LW), W.Nylander (+C), Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Hughes,Doughty, Ekblad, Hronek, McNabb, Cernak
    G: Lehner, Grubauer, Francouz
    IR+:

Dobber Sports Pro

Team source says Sergei Bobrovsky situation has been resolved. At practice now. Will travel to Washington.
    https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/statu...252085761?s=19

Dobber Sports Expert

Alison
    @AlisonL

Speaking with media, Bobrovsky says he let emotions get the best of him after the Tampa game. Has since “cleaned the air” with team. Says the incident was not between him and Tortorella #CBJ

Dobber Sports Expert

The details of what happened have started to come out. Fairly unprofessional conduct, hopefully it's out of his system. In other news Korpisalo starts again tonight.

Blue Jackets | Details in Bobrovsky incident emerge

...Whispers began soon after it happened and The Athletic published the most common version of those events online Monday, confirming an initial report by Sportsnet that Bobrovsky headed to the locker room, showered and stayed there after being pulled with 11:07 remaining in a 4-0 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning.

...After being pulled following a goal by Brayden Point, which made it 4-0, Bobrovsky went straight to the locker room as Joonas Korpisalo entered the game. Goaltenders usually just change spots and remain on the bench.
    The report says Bobrovsky went to the locker room this time, took off his equipment and got into the shower before he could be summoned back to the bench — making himself unavailable.

Administrator

Meh. Yeah it's unprofessional but it's not that bad. If this is what really happened they should have just told the truth from the start to avoid all of the wild speculation. It's understandable - things happen in the heat of the moment.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Meh. Yeah it's unprofessional but it's not that bad. If this is what really happened they should have just told the truth from the start to avoid all of the wild speculation. It's understandable - things happen in the heat of the moment.
    Agreed. I thought it would be worse.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Immortal

Glad I held onto Korpisalo!

The Great One

Well, if they are going back to Korpisalo tonight, I think it is safe to say that they haven't fully moved on from the incident yet. With back-to-back games to finish out the week (Friday and Saturday), Korpisalo was going to get another start anyway, so playing him in tonight's game clearly sends a message to Bobrovsky just before the team's upcoming bye week and the All-Star game. After Saturday's game, Columbus doesn't play again until Jan. 29.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Well, if they are going back to Korpisalo tonight, I think it is safe to say that they haven't fully moved on from the incident yet. With back-to-back games to finish out the week (Friday and Saturday), Korpisalo was going to get another start anyway, so playing him in tonight's game clearly sends a message to Bobrovsky just before the team's upcoming bye week and the All-Star game. After Saturday's game, Columbus doesn't play again until Jan. 29.
    Well may just be that Bob let in 5 in a win last game.....

Administrator

Bobrovsky has been cold of late but normally teams are eager to go back to their established #1 guy whenever possible. Regardless of what the team says about the matter being over, Torts might feel otherwise.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Well may just be that Bob let in 5 in a win last game.....
    ericdaoust pretty much said what I would have said...yes, Bobrovsky let in 5 goals, but I watched the game and none of the goals were his fault and if the incident is truly behind them, you would think that Tortorella would go back to Bobrovsky (he did get the win, after all) to give him a chance to build some confidence, let the media storm die down, and everything to return to a sense of normalcy before the extra long break (bye-week and all-star game). Obviously Tortorella is never worried about the media, but he has repeatedly played Bobrovsky virtually all season, even when he plays a poor game, except in back-to-back situations. I don't think it is a coincidence that he is choosing not to play Bobrovsky in a non-back-to-back situation so soon after the incident. This abnormal behavior by Tortorella suggests the incident is still affecting his decision on which goalie to start.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98