Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mid season awards

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Mid season awards

Norris - Rielly
    Vezina - Fleury
    Hart - MacKinnon

**Bold Prediction - McDavid won't get a fiinalist nomination for the Hart this year. Edm's just too bad and too many other players are having career years.

The value of Rielly in Tor cannot be understated - not to mention he's toe-to-toe in pts with Gio, Burns, EK. I've taken MacKinnon with the expectation of a huge, dominant second half (it's no fun taking all front runners)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Norris: Rielly
    Vezina: Fleury
    Calder: Pettersson
    Hart: McDavid
    Adams: Trotz
    Richard: Tavares
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Sage

Norris: Karlsson (with a monster 2nd half that's just getting started)
    Vezina: M. Murray (I picked him at the start of the year and he probably doesn't get it but he's looked good lately so I'll stick with my pick)
    Calder: I'd like to go out on a limb but pettersson is the only logical choice
    Hart: McDavid (he finds a way to separate himself from the top of the pack in the 2nd half despite the anchors on his wings)
    Richard: I'll take Laine because when you can score 5 goals in a game you're never out of it

Trying to go out on a limb on a few.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

The value of Rielly in Tor cannot be understated - not to mention he's toe-to-toe in pts with Gio, Burns, EK. I've taken MacKinnon with the expectation of a huge, dominant second half (it's no fun taking all front runners)
    I'm not saying he's a bum, but its not really surprising that some Dman on TOR is putting up a ton of points considering who else is on the team. You really think he is doing much more than any other capable dman would do?? What if it was Carlson or Josi or something? They wouldn't be piling up points playing with Tavares/Marner/Matthews?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I'm not saying he's a bum, but its not really surprising that some Dman on TOR is putting up a ton of points considering who else is on the team. You really think he is doing much more than any other capable dman would do?? What if it was Carlson or Josi or something? They wouldn't be piling up points playing with Tavares/Marner/Matthews?
    Agreed. He's no Karlsson or Burns or Hedman or Doughty........

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Dover View Post
    Norris: Giordano
    Vezina:Fleury
    Art Ross: Kuch
    Hart: McDavid

I’m not asking for the Calder because you know who it is...
    If the oilers make the playoffs, McDavid have my vote for the Hart but there is nothing sure here. All the top players in points plays with elite linemates and I think Connor doesn’t have that chance.

What’s yours?
    I think this is how it will end...

Norris: Giordano
    Vezina: Vasilevskiy
    Art Ross: McDavid
    Hart: Kucherov

McDavid narrowly wins the Art Ross but the Oilers once again miss the playoffs so he doesn't get the votes.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Guru

Midway through last year, I think Pietrangelo seemed a lock for the Norris and Kucherov was running away with the scoring title and the Hart.
    My guess is that, although some things seem set right now, there'll be some shake-ups.

So I'll make some bold(ish) predictions:

Norris: Karlsson (not so bold, but en fuego)
    Vezina: Lehner (his numbers are pretty good, just needs Ws)
    Hart: Crosby (would a monster second half surprise anyone?)
    Calder: Rittich (I think he's eligible, isn't he? And Pettersson's injury is a tad worrisome)
    Adams: Montgomery (taking a horsesh*t team to the playoffs)
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

The Wolverine

Themed to be different:

Norris: Giordano (3rd in D scoring, definite possibility)
    Vezina: Rittich (Of course not likely but he's #7 in GAA and just outside the top 10 in SV% and Wins among qualified leaders. If the team stays hot and he plays most of the second half, who knows what his numbers could look like)
    Art Ross: Gaudreau (Joint 3rd in overall scoring. Not the favourite but a strong second half could keep him in the running)
    Hart: Gaudreau (see above, and especially if they win the Pacific or at least have a high seed, it might sway some voters)
    Calder: Rittich (If eligible, a strong second half gives him a chance)
    Adams: Peters (A year after the team missed the playoffs, they are one of the best in the West)

Not entirely serious, of course, but some aren't too far off being in consideration for their respective awards.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Midway through last year, I think Pietrangelo seemed a lock for the Norris and Kucherov was running away with the scoring title and the Hart.
    My guess is that, although some things seem set right now, there'll be some shake-ups.

So I'll make some bold(ish) predictions:

Norris: Karlsson (not so bold, but en fuego)
    Vezina: Lehner (his numbers are pretty good, just needs Ws)
    Hart: Crosby (would a monster second half surprise anyone?)
    Calder: Rittich (I think he's eligible, isn't he? And Pettersson's injury is a tad worrisome)
    Adams: Montgomery (taking a horsesh*t team to the playoffs)
    i don’t think Rittich is eligible because he turned 26 this summer. You have to be 25 or under to win it ( Makarov won it at 31 in 89-90! ) Beside that , Rittich is having himself a year! Good timing to be in a contract year.
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Big Daddy

If NYI hold onto a playoff spot than the Jack Adam’s should go to Barry Trtotz, shouldn’t it?