Thread: Letang for Laine

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Letang for Laine

I'm sitting 4th in my league at the moment and I've been offered P. Laine for K. Letang. My first instinct is to jump all over this as I believe that Laine will rebound in the second half but I'd like other peoples opinions on the matter.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 1xUtil, 2xG, 3 Bench, 2 IR
    G, A, +/-, PPP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SHO
    C: S. Crosby, E. Pettersson, J. Marchessault, M. Barzal
    LW: C. Kreider, Y. Gourde, T. Hertl,
    RW: V. Tarasenko, P. Kessel, A. Svechnikov
    D: K. Letang, O. Ekman-Larsson, E. Gustafsson, C. Parayko
    G: C. Price, R. Lehner, H. Lundqvist
    IR: M. Dumba, O. Klefbom

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Letang for Laine

Welcome!
    Your defence is a weak spot due to the injuries, but I think this is still a deal you need to make. Pull the trigger.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

RW is arguably your deepest position, and D is your weakest with your injuries. This move leaves you with only 3 healthy D in a start 4, and you could end up benching two of Tank, Kessel, Laine & Svech on a regular basis depending on off nights.

I think this is a solid deal in general, but I'm not sure it helps your squad.

Try and line up another deal for a D by moving either one of your C's or Tank and you could come out ahead.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    RW is arguably your deepest position, and D is your weakest with your injuries. This move leaves you with only 3 healthy D in a start 4, and you could end up benching two of Tank, Kessel, Laine & Svech on a regular basis depending on off nights.

I think this is a solid deal in general, but I'm not sure it helps your squad.

Try and line up another deal for a D by moving either one of your C's or Tank and you could come out ahead.
    This! In a 1 year league you need to be thinking in the now. Stick with Letang who is a top 5 D when healthy and hope he can continue staying that way.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd do it becuase it's only a matter of time until Letang goes on IR again. But I'd try to buy some time, so that Dumba or Klefbom can replace Letang when they return. If you suddenly read news that they're out until March or so, then I'd not do it, then I agree with the guys above that you're better at RW than at D.

The Great One

For me this isn’t even close. Take this trade and run...now! As has been said, Letang is a notorious band aid boy. Trade a RW for a D elsewhere. Laine is far and away the better player in this deal.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Letang is doing pretty well to shed concerns as a band aid boy. 70+ games in 2 out of last 3 seasons.

I agree with others in that there doesn't seem to be a need for a RW and the trade is going to leave you with a D spot unfilled at the moment. Unless they're a high-end offensive D man like Letang they don't offer a great deal to your categories. Perhaps you can trade another RW for a high hit count D man as you don't have many players that scream high hits to me. Trade an RW (Tarasenko or Svechnikov) for someone like Ristolainen who will give you offensive production from the blue line but also increase your hit count? Then I say you win.
    --------------------------------------------
    10 team ESPN H-2-H each cat, Keep 3 league, 7 P/U p/wk
    20 man roster, 15 start, 5 bench, 1 IR
    Position min - 2xF, 2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 1xUtil, 2xG, 5xBench

G, A, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits, Blocks, D-Point, W, SVs, SO, SV%

2015 - Third
    2016 - Winner
    2017 - Third
    2018 - Runner Up
    2019 - Winner
    2021 - Winner
    2022 - Runner Up