Thread: Devon Toews

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Devon Toews

Any other Devon Toews owners out there thrilled with his call up, NHL debut and how he's performing so far?

Played his 7th NHL game tonight. First four games no scoring. But last 3 games: 2 goals and 1 assist. Plus 7 overall.

He's sharing PP2 time with Pulock. Isles going with 2D/3F on PP2, and 1D/4F on PP1; Leddy being the lone d-man on PP1.

With Leddy struggling -- just 14 points in 41 games -- here's hoping coach will give Toews some time on PP1 and see what the kid can do there.

Toews is contributing solidly in my H2H keeper pool, filling the scoresheet with FPts across the board and fitting in nicely.
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Devon Toews

Took a chance on Toews a couple days ago to try to make up for injury losses of Chabot/Byfuglien in my start 5 D league. He had some great AHL numbers (19 pts in 24 games), where he's had more than enough time to develop. Could be a sneaky-good pickup, but coaches are creatures of habit, so I think it will take awhile (or a Leddy injury) to get Toews onto PP1.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Devon Toews

Something else to keep in mind is that Thomas Hickey is supposed to come off IR soon. That would give the Isles eight defensemen, and Toews is the only waivers-exempt blueliner of the bunch. And if a guy like Brandon Pirri can be sent down even if he's scoring every game, then so can Toews. Hope they find a way to keep him though.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding