Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Petterson

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Petterson

That was a bullshit play by Kotkaniemi, and a travesty of officiating. No call on the blatant hook, then no call on what was a tackle of Pettersson to keep him from joining that rush. Fortunately I dont think Pettersson will be injured long term.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Vancouver needs to get someone who can put fear into the opponents and make them think twice before messing with Pettersson. If he keeps getting treated this way, he'll get injured worse sooner or later.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm really getting tired of people going after Pettersson just because he's good.

And because of this bullshit I'm missing the opportunity to see him play live tomorrow. ****ing horseshit honestly.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Pro

The fact is that everybody is going after Pettersson because he’s good. Gaudreau has had his wrist broken at least twice from slashes but until the league decides to protect the assets that people come out to see it will keep on happening. It was a blown call for sure, but Pettersson was hurt in a flukey accident that was actually a normal play in that players are interfered like this every game.

Administrator

The refs were extremely random with their calls during the game. If they're consistent then everyone would know not to grab onto a player skating up-ice. But when they call the rules there's always people crying about letting em play, whatever that means. THIS is the result of letting em play.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I'm really getting tired of people going after Pettersson just because he's good.

And because of this bullshit I'm missing the opportunity to see him play live tomorrow. ****ing horseshit honestly.
    I can empathize with you.

I flew out to Edmonton to watch the McDavid play in his rookie season the morning after Manning took him out. That was the only time I've been to a game to watch the Oilers play at home, and I've been a huge fan of the team since the '80s.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Vancouver needs to get someone who can put fear into the opponents and make them think twice before messing with Pettersson. If he keeps getting treated this way, he'll get injured worse sooner or later.
    Good thing they signed Roussel for 3 mill a season for 4 years amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I can empathize with you.

I flew out to Edmonton to watch the McDavid play in his rookie season the morning after Manning took him out. That was the only time I've been to a game to watch the Oilers play at home, and I've been a huge fan of the team since the '80s.
    THAT really sucks...to fly all the way there and not even get the opportunity. I feel for you man.

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    The fact is that everybody is going after Pettersson because he’s good. Gaudreau has had his wrist broken at least twice from slashes but until the league decides to protect the assets that people come out to see it will keep on happening. It was a blown call for sure, but Pettersson was hurt in a flukey accident that was actually a normal play in that players are interfered like this every game.
    Agreed and I know it was a bit of an awkward play but I'm not happy that he legitimately hauled him down. I could understand they collide and they both kind of go tumbling but this was a i'm gonna grab you and yank you down and he yanked him to the side too so that he would land on top of him.

Whatever, hockey gods are gonna pay karma back in spades. Kotkaniemi is gonna get what's coming to him.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Pro

He’ll also get stronger as he matures so that he’ll be able to fight through the interference. Pettersson is going to be a fixture in the top 5 scorers for many years.

Dobber Sports Sage

I think he really needs to add some size and strength, which he will. It's frustrating to watch the skilled players get hacked at constantly and only get half (or in mcdavids case less than half) the calls.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Wizard

Good thing they signed Roussel for 3 mill a season for 4 years amirite?
    Roussel intimidates no one. He's just a piece of **** agitator.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The refs were extremely random with their calls during the game. If they're consistent then everyone would know not to grab onto a player skating up-ice. But when they call the rules there's always people crying about letting em play, whatever that means. THIS is the result of letting em play.
    I think this is the result of today's instigator rule tbh.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    No walking boot after, No limp apparently after the game, won't play Saturday, Vancouver plays Saturday 5th, then Thursday 10th. Travis Green even said it shouldn't have even been a penalty after the game (but it really should have).

What KK was thinking on the play is beyond me, he didn't mean to hurt him, but it definitely looked like he meant to get tangled up with him. It was a missed interference call and that's it if it was the 2017-18 season. But after some 2-game suspensions this yr (Hyman particularly), this better at least be looked at by the league. The NHL backed themselves into the corner with the Hyman suspension because every play like Pettersson's better be looked at
    This play is nothing like Hyman's, I don't know how you can even compare them. Hyman got a 5 minute interference penalty on a brutal late hit. At worst, Kok could have gotten 2 minutes for interference or hooking. Although Pettersen probably could have gotten 2 minutes for hooking just leading up to that play. I'd be very surprised if the NHL looked at this; generally speaking, they don't review minor hooking plays (unless it's like hooking somebody at full speed right before the boards, or something serious like that).

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I’m in the same boat, Kotkaniemi just made me waste a couple hundred dollars tomorrow. I bet if Kotkaniemi had to reimburse all the fans going to see Pettersson in Toronto then he wouldn’t have clutched and grabbed Pettersson all the way to the ice. Imagine if Manning had to pay back all the fans who bought tickets to see McDavid when he broke his collarbone? I don’t think anyone would be going after superstars anymore.

Also, the play wasn’t malicious but the referees missed the initial holding or interference call. Had the refs called the hold when the two were coming out from behind the net, then KK would’ve probably just put his arms up in the air and let go of EP. So ultimately I’m blaming the refs for the initial no call. The trailing referee claims he missed the play, how? It was right in front of him, what’s the point of having two refs if they are missing calls right in front of them? The league needs to start announcing suspensions and fines for refs, starting with the referee that missed this call.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I like him more already. FWIW Travis Green said the hit was clean.
    I like this by Green, I'm sure his impulse was more human like ours but instead he was wise here by downplaying the play by Kotkaniemi. Perhaps to prevent any potential of a riot or social media blasting. #poorcomtois
    18 team Dynasty Head 2 Head - 25 man Roster - (Keep as many as you want)
    G A P PPA PPG HITS GWG SOG
    W SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Wizard

Adam Forsythe @adamforsythe
    Pettersson on Kotkaniemi incident: "It was an accident. We got tangled up. We both fell down. I got in an awkward position. It wasn't a dirty play or anything. He apologized afterwards, which shows good sportsmanship from him. It was unlucky for me and it is nothing to serious."
    Can we just stop this silly blame game already?