Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Petterson

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Petterson

Keep it up guys! Let’s hit the 50 replies for this amazing thread!!
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dover View Post
    Keep it up guys! Let’s hit the 50 replies for this amazing thread!!
    Love it! Here’s one more!
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Too many people complain when a lot of penalties are called, thinking it's always the refs being too involved when in fact the penalties are being called because players deserve to be called. To show some of the randomness in the officiating in the Canucks/Canadiens game here is a sequence of events from the third period:

1) Penalty on Danault for tripping (questionable)
    2) Penalty on Baertschi (questionable make-up call)
    3) Blown obvious call on Weber for interference (hit Canucks player in front of the net)
    4) Blown obvious call Canucks player (high stick on Domi with blood)
    5) Penalty on Domi for retaliation (iffy considering what was just allowed)

So many contradictions here, even if you're stupidly in favor of the refs letting more stuff go in the third. There is no standard for what is a penalty.
    You can add Connor McDavid taking a dangerous cross check from Lindholm in the Edmonton game. Camera angle shows ref looking directly at it.

C’mon 49!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by McDeichel View Post
    You can add Connor McDavid taking a dangerous cross check from Lindholm in the Edmonton game. Camera angle shows ref looking directly at it.

C’mon 49!
    I resent the anti-Flames bias of this post. 49 it is.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    So why aren't you outraged that Petterson wasn't called for hooking Kotkaniemi leading up to that play? Especially consider Elias had no points that game, thus proving he was nothing more than a scrub against Montreal...
    I'm hardly outraged by any of this...for starters, I'm not even a fan of the Canucks (nor the Canadiens), so I'm not letting my home team bias play into this at all. As I have stated, if you care to actually read what I have said multiple times in this thread, is that I don't like all the hooking and clutch and grabbing (not to mention slashing and cross checking) and so on that goes uncalled, especially against star players like Pettersson, McDavid, etc. I find that, generally-speaking, in many of the games I watch players take liberties with star players in an attempt to contain them. And what really boggles my mind is that the refs seem to allow this to happen. Gaudreau and Giroux skate circles in the o-zone and get hooked, hacked, grabbed multiple times a shift with no calls. I am not limiting my frustration to Pettersson nor this particular play.

Although I do feel that this particular play should have been called a penalty, mostly I am just using this particular play to highlight an ongoing concern I have with the way the game is called.

I sense that you are a Kotkaniemi fan and that you don't like that I called him a scrub. I apologize for offending you. I certainly don't think he is a star player by any means, and although all uncalled penalties bother me, it especially bothers me when non-star players (like Kotkaniemi) get away with penalties against star players. I want the stars of this league protected so that they can do their thing on the ice, which is score points and entertain us. The game is better when players like Pettersson are on the ice, and it is a real shame when a star player is removed from the lineup by someone like Matheson (the first injury) or Kotkaniemi (the second).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Sage

This was more than a missed 2 minute penalty. Kotkaniemi realized he was beat on the play, hooked Petterson until he could get hands on him, then just tackled him to prevent him from joining the rush. Missed 4 minute double minor that resulted in an injury to a teams best player. As we all know, a double-minor can often change the course of a game. Vancouver loses Petterson and the game, 2-0. Bad officiating cost the game there. This needs to be addressed and it's good we are discussing it here.

The Great One

As fans of the game (and of skilled players like Pettersson and McDavid), we should continue expressing our displeasure over the poor officiating. I watch at least two or three games almost every day on tv and go to live hockey games multiple times a year and poor officiating is my biggest complaint about the game right now. I know Hitchcock is biased, but his constant criticism of the way McDavid is treated is absolutely true. All you have to do is watch one game and you will see how much he is molested. And I don't know how to embed a youtube video, or I would include the one showing Lindholm hitting McDavid from behind last night (again, no call). McDavid could have been out for a long time with that play (I can't believe he didn't get hurt).

The best I can do it link to an article on Sportsnet which has a youtube video of the hit embedded and includes more comments from Hitchcock.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl...ggP?li=AAggXBR
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98