Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: E. Gustafsson - is he for real? (Rep)

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: E. Gustafsson - is he for real? (Rep)

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    Are the young guys Chi has coming really any better or are we just post-juniors giddy? Why do we assume the young guys coming are going to edge him out?

This guy is making his mark on this squad..another A tonite so far.

Make it 2A! The hot streak continues
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Jedi

Are the young guys Chi has coming really any better or are we just post-juniors giddy? Why do we assume the young guys coming are going to edge him out?

Make that two. With the hype on Boqvist - I think he's the main prospect projected to surpass Gus for PP1 duties. but talk about riches.

Everyone now knows about Ian Mitchell. I think he'll become a very solid 3/4Dman with 30-40 potential.

Jokiharju has hype closer to Boqvist. And looked like he's got potential top pairing ability at the Jr's.

People get tied up in draft position - A LOT.

Add in that Gus was a 4th rd pick from 2012 & didn't come to NA until 15/16 - if anyone did talk about him, he was long forgotten. People don't believe in what they don't know. Most don't know Gus.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Magnificent One

Interesting that I had him in a keeper league like 3 years ago and showed promise but then didn’t make the nhl the next year and was in and out of the lineup the year after if I remember correctly. Now he comes back with playing time and is showing promise again. Sadly I had to drop him when he wasn’t in the nhl.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Great One

From my perspective, what we have in Gustafsson is a late-blooming soon-to-be 27 year old defenseman who is right now 4 points away from the most points he has ever scored in ANY hockey season in his entire life. I know that doesn't mean a heck of a lot, but there are definitely reasons to be cautious here.

As I already said, as long as he keeps getting the opportunity on the top power play unit, I don't see much changing. He is under contract for one more year after this one, and then is set to become an Unrestricted Free Agent. I think he will be fine for the rest of this year and probably next season, but I think there is a decent chance he leaves Chicago as a UFA and then they go with the kids. Boqvist and Jokiharju are extremely skilled prospects (especially Jokiharju, imo) and I'm fairly confident at least one of those wil pan out for Chicago. We can't forget, after all, how good Jokiharju looked to start the season with Chicago this year.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Sage

I think he will hold his position/deployment for this season and likely into next year. I took a flier and dropped Doug Hamilton for him about 3 weeks ago and it's worked out pretty well so far but Dougie could make me pay down the stretch (no keeper consideration). This guy should not be a free agent unless your league is ultra shallow but its probably too late for that. I'd also be trying to buy him at the price of a free agent if someone just picked him up from free agency.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

PP Apple tonight up to 9pts in 7game point streak and 20 in 25... I know the famine is coming.. but the feast! the feast!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    PP Apple tonight up to 9pts in 7game point streak and 20 in 25... I know the famine is coming.. but the feast! the feast!
    Let's feast!!!..I approve!
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    From my perspective, what we have in Gustafsson is a late-blooming soon-to-be 27 year old defenseman who is right now 4 points away from the most points he has ever scored in ANY hockey season in his entire life. I know that doesn't mean a heck of a lot, but there are definitely reasons to be cautious here.

As I already said, as long as he keeps getting the opportunity on the top power play unit, I don't see much changing. He is under contract for one more year after this one, and then is set to become an Unrestricted Free Agent. I think he will be fine for the rest of this year and probably next season, but I think there is a decent chance he leaves Chicago as a UFA and then they go with the kids. Boqvist and Jokiharju are extremely skilled prospects (especially Jokiharju, imo) and I'm fairly confident at least one of those wil pan out for Chicago. We can't forget, after all, how good Jokiharju looked to start the season with Chicago this year.
    I agree with this. But Jokiharju hasn't shown a lot of PP QB ability so I doubt he is going to be a threat to that spot. I think Boqvist is the one who'll snatch the PP1 spot from him. But for this year and next, I think the outlook is quite positive for Gus.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sage

Yeah Gus is so legit. The feast goes on, course after course. Eleven assists last 8 games. Seven of those apples on the PP.

Dobber Sports Star

Keep trying to find a reason to drop him for a forward but can't. I'm going to run him out there until the tank is empty.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Thomas
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg, Hyman(L/R)
    R-Svechnikov(L/R) Konecny(L/R) P. Kane, Zucc
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi, McAvoy, Montour
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill, Grubauer
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Rookie

Who do you guys think for the rest of the year. Gust or Spurgeon?
    Sorry to hijack your thread
    Sets roster daily (head to head ) 10 teams- starts 2c, 3lw, 3rw, 3 d, 2 goalies 1 IR

Points: 5G, 3A, 1+/-, .25 PIM, 2PPG, 1PPA, 2SHG, 1SHA, 1GWG, .33FOW, 5HAT
    .25 SOG, HIT .33, BLK goalies: W 4, L -1, GA, -1, SAV .25, SO 3.

Centers: McDavid, Point
    Left wing: Benn, Guentzel, Perrin
    Right wing: Pavelski, Wheeler, T. Wilson,
    Defense : Yandle, Weber, Nurse
    Goalies: Price, Jones, Markstrom, Delia

7 bench: 2 goalies(above), Horvat(C), Tuch(RW),Vrana (c,lw),Grandlun(c,rw)Spurgeon
    IR:Trotcet

Winning my Division by 4 games, other half is up 2 games.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Min still has Suter.... Chi has... Keith? Gus has already supplanted Keith. I'd go Gus, but won't be surprised if someone suggests Spurgeon

Gus is on a 54pt pace now.