Thread: Has Guentzel Arrived?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Has Guentzel Arrived?

Is his current output for the season him finally breaking out in the regular season? Should he be a player that if the gm doesn't believe he is a true 65+ type of player that you should try and aquire?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Has Guentzel Arrived?

I'm going to say yes 65 is very reasonable. The only caviat is pp1 opportunity but I think by start of next season he'll be a staple there too. He's looked good to great this season.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

The NHL has changed over the last 3 years.

Scoring is WAY up. Coaches haven't been able to slow down the new speed age.

Years ago, barely anyone was a point per game player. It seems now everyone is over a point per game.

So 65 points for Guentzel.....sure. He should be able to get that.

When coaches implement new defensive systems....I have no doubt scoring will come down again. Give it a couple years.....5ish.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yeah I get scoring is up but guentzel has been on crosby's line and hope to see pp1 permanently soon too. Was going to hope to use name value to trade kunetzov for guentzel and Mathew takchuck