Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: U20 World Juniors Thread

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: U20 World Juniors Thread

Nice game last night for Canada. Ian Scott looked solid in goal. I expect Dipietro to get the next game to try and bounce back from his opener. If he shows cracks again, I think the net is Scott's going forward.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Hey guys No WJC challenge pool this year? Can't seem to find the link. Did I miss something? Thanks

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky71 View Post
    Hey guys No WJC challenge pool this year? Can't seem to find the link. Did I miss something? Thanks
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...ool!-(Captsins!)

Nights posted in there saying they'll be ready soon.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on that.

Dobber Sports Wizard

All the preliminary game lines I could find & final cuts >> Prospect Ramblings: WJC Lines & Final Cuts

The Great One

Any good place to be able to watch/steam these games in the US?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think they were all on the NHL network last year, if you don’t get that check reddit for streams.

Russia still has a handful of players to cut but it looks like Marchenko, Morozov, & Podkolzin may actually be a line to start the tournament. I imagine they’ll have a short leash and limited ice time but I would have said you were mad if you told me a week ago that Russia would have one of the youngest lines in the tournament.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I think they were all on the NHL network last year, if you don’t get that check reddit for streams.

Russia still has a handful of players to cut but it looks like Marchenko, Morozov, & Podkolzin may actually be a line to start the tournament. I imagine they’ll have a short leash and limited ice time but I would have said you were mad if you told me a week ago that Russia would have one of the youngest lines in the tournament.
    I'm guessing Podkolzin and Marchenko get cut but we'll see. Final cuts should be coming today I believe.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post

To add, here's a direct link, since it tends to get buried in the forgotten sections.

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...Dobber-Edition
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I'm guessing Podkolzin and Marchenko get cut but we'll see. Final cuts should be coming today I believe.
    Well, if they're cut they will be the last two. That's further than most 17 & 18 year-olds make it under Bragin. We should see them both next year atleast.

Also, it could just be hearsay but I remember reading that Bragin was planning on a team of 13F and & 7D this year. If that's true one of them has made the team.

#sjsharks prospect Ivan Chekhovich is officially out of the WJC due to a back injury, as Team Russia U20 cuts camp roster to 25 players. Apparently two more players will be cut as the tournament is ongoing. #WorldJuniors
    vorky @vorkywh24
    Official: @russiahockey NT U20 coach has chosen players for #WJC2019. Defencemen Artyom Volkov, Daniil Valitov and forwards Ivan Chekhovich, Artyom Nikolayev, Alexander Yaremchuk have left the camp. #IIHF @RUSProspects

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I use the reddit hockey streams.
    Thanks. That was my fall-back plan.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Russia comes as close as they will today for a final roster. There are 3 players left to add and so far they have 6 18 year-olds and Podkolzin who is 17. Time to submit my pool roster!

Corey Pronman@coreypronman

Russia registers the following 17 skaters for the WJC. They need to add 3 more skaters. Almost all the drafted prospects from camp are in, and top 2019 prospect Vasili Podkolzin, have made the team. TBD on MIN prospect Khovanov.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Well, if they're cut they will be the last two. That's further than most 17 & 18 year-olds make it under Bragin. We should see them both next year atleast.

Also, it could just be hearsay but I remember reading that Bragin was planning on a team of 13F and & 7D this year. If that's true one of them has made the team.

vorky @vorkywh24

I'm happy they made the team, I didn't expect it to happen. Great talents but as you said, Russians don't usually have players that young. I guess the existing chemistry on that Marchenko-Morozov-Podkolzin line played a role in all that.

Dobber Sports Deity

Close game for Canada last night. The teams like the Swiss are the ones who Canada seem to find a way to struggle against for some reason most years.

I must say, I've watched a couple of the Swiss games and so far that Kurashev kid has really impressed me. He's a shooter.

Their head coach, Christian Wohlwend was entertaining in the post game interview again. Here's what he had to say:

“One year ago we had 14 underagers, they are all one year bigger and stronger,” he said Thursday. “Now we are bigger and stronger and faster and everything. And that’s why we can compete and that’s crazy. That’s crazy. We have 16,000 juniors.

“Ninety-nine per cent for every tournament [is] the chance that Canada has to win a medal. Ninety-nine per cent. And I heard that is pressure, that’s not pressure. You have 99 per-cent chance to win a medal every tournament? That would be a very comfortable situation.”
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Canada's powerplay was mostly bad. They had a few big chances in a couple of those PPs, but overall, it was not good.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll