Thread: Goalie top prospects - rep given

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Goalie top prospects - rep given

Looking long term at my team goaltending is a concern. The way the categories are in my league having an elite goalie is essentially your whole team. If you dont have one, you cant compete.

I'm looking down the road at a few goalie prospects that will overtake a number 1 role. Guys like Hart, Saros and Ullmark are already all taken. If they were to be traded the guys want a 70 point forward, a vet tendy to plug and a 1st rounder. I think that's absurd.

Who are the top goalies to target? I'm looking to scoop one up that will walk into a number 1 job or be the heir to a situation coming very soon that will thrive. Something like sorokin.

Who are the other options and how would you rank them?
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Goalie top prospects - rep given

This is from last month but still accurate.

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...hlight=Sorokin
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Perfect. Thanks a ton. I'm leaning towards shet becuse he should be in the nhl next year with sorokin being the following year

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Nedeljkovic in Car, been plugging away in the AHL last couple of years, they don't have anybody else in their system really and goalie situation has been a revolving door for them.
    Oettengir in Dal, playing college hockey, goalie of the future for Dal (right now...goalies be voodoo) they don't have much in their system and Bishop isn't a spring chicken, wait time will likely be at least 2-3+ years before he gets a sniff of NHL though.
    Kahkonen in Minny, had good numbers over in Europe and has roasted the AHL so far, good chance he could be the backup in Minny in a year or two with possibility of taking over for the Dubs shortly after.

Blackwood, NJ, I mean...god, any goalie prospect there has to be in consideration *shudders*. Honestly don't know a lot about him, but say it with me "Goalies are VOODOO!" opportunity is there and that's the 1st and big hurdle to overcome.
    Sorokin, Isle, has such great athleticism and skill, creates more work for himself then needed, door is wide open for him to step in, sounds open to coming over since the Isle cut Snow loose.
    Shestyorkin, Rags, the yin to Sorkin's yang, more technical then Sorokin, better rebound control and positioning, think Thomas vs Lundqvist in terms of style. Heir apparent to the King.
    Husso in Stl, he's been garbage this year in AHL, had really good numbers the year before, Allen is still the golden boy (why, nobody knows, not even God...maybe Satan?) He'll get his chance, no idea what he'll do with it, but he will get it sooner rather then later.

Demko/Dipeitro, Van, Demko is still the golden boy in Van, mostly based on age and draft pick factor (higher pick), he gets the first crack at starter gig, don't sleep on Dipeitro though, he could honestly be the Canucks starting goalie in the next 3-4 years, for my money it's a coin flip between the two right now, with slight edge going to Demko since he's older and the higher pick.
    Gustavsson, Ott, Anderson isn't getting any younger, Ott is a bit of a tire fire right now, but with the influx of youth and hopefully being able to retain at least 1 of Duchene/Stone, they should be alright. Gustavsson has lot of opportunity to become the starter in a few years in Ott.

Didn't include some names here as you said they were taken already, these are some of the higher end prospect goalies with good situations on their respective teams for getting a chance due to crappy tending/age/contract status of that team's #1.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ilya Samsonov should have been mentioned by now. He's already playing in North America, the Caps don't have a back-up signed for next year yet, and Holtby's contract expires after next season. Washington will have to work some cap magic to re-sign him. If Samsonov continues on his path he could have the starter's job by 2020 much like Vasilevskiy took the reins from Bishop. I wouldn't put too much stock in his current AHL numbers, the Hershey Bears are god-awful this season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Cal Petersen of LA. With LA having all their issues and Quicks injury problems. Cal has played a handful of games this season and has looked decent. He should get an opportunity to take he starter position sooner then later.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Am partial to Georgiev NYR (though I know there are a couple other NYR goalies on that list). Also, look at Elvis Merzlikins (CBJ). Heard he timed his European time to coincide with when Bob was afree agent. I know CBJ are high on Korpisolo, but if(when) Bob leaves, it'll be a jump ball and Elvis could be in the building.
    ************************************************** ********************************
    Numbers are like prisoners. If you torture them enough, they'll tell you whatever you want to hear.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Husso, Binnington in Stl. ... it's only a matter of time before Allen is ousted.

Gustavsson in Ottawa is one I would really be looking at. Anderson is Luongo's age... tick tock
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Husso, Binnington in Stl. ... it's only a matter of time before Allen is ousted.

Gustavsson in Ottawa is one I would really be looking at. Anderson is Luongo's age... tick tock
    Just looking at the numbers for Gustavsson, they don't look great in the AHL. Is that due to the team being bad or is he struggling? Admittedly, I haven't watched any AHL games of his.
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad

F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Is Ville Husso (STL) owned?
    I think he's the closest to his team's future #1 NHL starter job.

Allen has been incredible for last month, but he's very volatile and many don't see him in STL's long-term future.
    I'm not sure how STL rids themselves of him. Maybe another trade with PHI!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Is Ville Husso (STL) owned?
    I think he's the closest to his team's future #1 NHL starter job.

Allen has been incredible for last month, but he's very volatile and many don't see him in STL's long-term future.
    I'm not sure how STL rids themselves of him. Maybe another trade with PHI!
    Husso is not owned. I was thinking about grabbing him but was trying to wait until the call up seems like it's happening.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Stalinism View Post
    ...but was trying to wait until the call up seems like it's happening.
    1. That's when it's too late. If you have any keen GMs in your league, somebody is going to have a twitter-feed push a notification to them as soon as Husso gets called up. I logged into the Carter Hart news just 30-40min after he was called up and he was unavailable in all my one year leagues.

2. Husso probably won't play in the NHL this year. Most GMs like to give their future goalie prospects about 1-2 years of AHL time. (Carter Hart is a bit of an exception due to Flyers management/owernship situation.) Also - right now Husso is not playing well in the AHL, so it would be super hard to justify that he's ready for the NHL. You'll have to wait until 2nd half 2019-2020 or maybe 2020-2021... but people like him a lot.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The question is do I burn a roster spot, and a keeper spot on Husso? I would likely be dropping McElhinney due to the uncertainty of starting.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Just looking at the numbers for Gustavsson, they don't look great in the AHL. Is that due to the team being bad or is he struggling? Admittedly, I haven't watched any AHL games of his.
    They're not a good team. Period. It's Gus' first year with the smaller rink.. I'd put more weight on the second half of his season. He's a top G prospect. Ott does have Hogberg as well, who's bigger - 5 inches bigger.

Kahkonen... started in the AHL with 3 SO's in his 1st 4 games... come back to earth a bit lately, another one to keep an eye on. Duby's getting older & there isn't a true heir-apparent behind him outside of Kahkonen
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The question is do I burn a roster spot, and a keeper spot on Husso? I would likely be dropping McElhinney due to the uncertainty of starting.
    I'd do that. Love Curtis, but he's got knee issues and is on the tail end of his career. Price/Smith/Koskinen should be enough to carry the team.
    ************************************************** ********************************
    Numbers are like prisoners. If you torture them enough, they'll tell you whatever you want to hear.