Thread: Working a trade

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Working a trade

(for league in signature)

Im trying to deal Palmieri and Gostisbehere to upgrade my LW spot. I offered Palmieri and Ghost for Matt Tkachuk and was turned down, but the Tkachuk owner said he wants Brady Tkachuk. Would you deal Palmieri and Brady Tkachuk for Matt Tkachuk? I like Tkachuk best for his category coverage.

If not, can you think of any package deal I could put together including one of my RW (Pavelski, Lindholm, Palmieri, Kane, Wilson) and Ghost for a quality LW? I just have a lot of depth at RW and am having to leave guys on the bench. My LW's are mainly peripheral guys save for Hoffman and I want to upgrade that position with a scorer...preferably assists. After factoring out GMs that I know from experience dont trade equally (AKA only will do a trade if they are ripping you off), I have targeted these LWs: Benn, M. Tkachuk, Giroux.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks guys
    12 TEAM H2H: G/A/PIM/PPP/SOG/FOW/HIT/BLK| W/GAA/SV%/SHO

KEEPER SYSTEM:
    - 1 keeper allowed, but it cannot be your 1st or 2nd round pick from the previous years draft
    - Your keeper is then auto-drafted to your team 2 rounds earlier than you drafted him the previous year
    - Ex). Draft a guy in the 6th last year? He would be auto-drafted to your team in the 4th this year

__________________________________________________ ________
    C: E. Lindholm, J. Eriksson Ek
    RW: N. Kucherov, JT Miller
    LW: S. Stamkos, PL Dubois, F. Forsberg
    D: D. Hamilton, J. Trouba, D. Nurse, K. Letang, A. Larsson, Z. Werenski
    G: Binnington, Forsberg, Woll
    IR+: Andersson, Boldy, Bennett

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Working a trade

Palmieri and Brady Tkachuk is too much IMO for Matthew Tkachuk. I don't think I'd sell Ghost either while his value is low and would wait for the inevitable coaching change in Philly. I'm not sure if making a trade has to be a priority for the reasons you mentioned, given that many of your league's categories are non-scoring. But if you really want to make a deal, I might flip a guy like Wilson (who hasn't really been a scorer until this season) or Pavelski (now 34 and is gradually declining).
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by gooding74 View Post
    Palmieri and Brady Tkachuk is too much IMO for Matthew Tkachuk. I don't think I'd sell Ghost either while his value is low and would wait for the inevitable coaching change in Philly. I'm not sure if making a trade has to be a priority for the reasons you mentioned, given that many of your league's categories are non-scoring. But if you really want to make a deal, I might flip a guy like Wilson (who hasn't really been a scorer until this season) or Pavelski (now 34 and is gradually declining).
    I do agree Palmieri and Tkachuk is a bit pricey, plus it dilutes my LW depth again. The Matt Tkachuk owner did say he wants Brady though. I dont see a lot of room to work something becuase Brady for Matt isnt a fair trade and I think would get vetoed for sure, even if the Matt Tkachuk owner agreed to it.

I do not believe in a Ghost turnaround this year and given my defense I was going to drop him when Duchene came back, so thats why Im trying to work him into a trade.

I want to move Palmieri bc my excess RW depth, but I like the idea of moving Pavelski as his goal scoring isnt sustainable at 22% but 20 goals and his name carry some good trade value. I am thinking of maybe Pavelski and Ghost for Benn, or Pavelski and Palmieri for Benn?

Thanks

KEEPER SYSTEM:
    - 1 keeper allowed, but it cannot be your 1st or 2nd round pick from the previous years draft
    - Your keeper is then auto-drafted to your team 2 rounds earlier than you drafted him the previous year
    - Ex). Draft a guy in the 6th last year? He would be auto-drafted to your team in the 4th this year

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Problem with trading Ghost is his value couldn't be lower. You might have to throw out a guy like Weber to get a real upgrade.
    ************************************************** ********************************
    Numbers are like prisoners. If you torture them enough, they'll tell you whatever you want to hear.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
    Problem with trading Ghost is his value couldn't be lower. You might have to throw out a guy like Weber to get a real upgrade.
    Yeah i just dont believe in Ghost bouncing back..over the last 30 days the guy is ranked 700th....thats insane. Considernig he is my 5th Dman and with guys like Muzzin, Spurgeon, Keith, and Colin Miller on the wire, I really dont mind even dropping the guy.

My current idea is to trade Pavelski and Ghost for Matt Tkachuk, any thoughts on that?

KEEPER SYSTEM:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Can i get a little help here guys please, I want to make a trade today so I can activate Duchene for tomorrow and not have my transactions frozen for having a healthy guy in my IR slot

Thanks a lot

KEEPER SYSTEM:

Dobber Sports Titan

I prefer Pavelski to Tkauk to begin with.
    I'm also with the others that if I'm in your league I would love if you dropped Ghost so I could get him for free.

I would try something like Hoffman and Zibs for a guy like Bergeron (almost back from injury).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I prefer Pavelski to Tkauk to begin with.
    I'm also with the others that if I'm in your league I would love if you dropped Ghost so I could get him for free.

I would try something like Hoffman and Zibs for a guy like Bergeron (almost back from injury).
    Thanks for getting back.

The problem with moving Hoffman is that would further hurt my LW depth, that isnt that great to begin with. I am for working a 2 for 1 without Ghost (even though I am not very high on him having some valuable turnaround), but I would want to make the move for a LW, not a Center.

I love Pavs but want to move him becuase he has 21 goals and is shooting at 22 percent...which would be okay if he was at his normal assist rate, but he is not, and I am more in need of assists than shots.

Im thinking about packaging Pavelski and one of my RW for a permier LW

KEEPER SYSTEM:

Dobber Sports Titan

I would gun for Marchand then. With Bergeron back soon he should go from solid producer, to all-star production.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Am I the only one that likes the Palmieri + Brady for Matthew Tkachuk trade?

Brady has slowed down a lot since his hot start. I think this is a good deal.
    12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H League - Limited Keep 3
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+, IR+, IR
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits --- W, SV, SV%, SHO
    ------------------------------------------------------

C: Barkov, Stamkos, Hintz, STREAMER
    LW: Guetzel, Fiala, Forsberg
    RW: Rantanen, Kempe, Coleman
    D: Hronek, Letang, Harley
    G: Oettinger, Shesterkin, UPL
    IR+: Theodore, Andersen, Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hmmm..
    well Duchene is activated off IR so now I must drop someone to activate him, or drop him. I wont be able to make a trade until I do so..damnit.

@noglovenolove I didnt think that trade was that bad either honestly...I might reconsider and talk to the Matt Tkachuk owner about that

@eskimobrother I will reach out to the Marchand owner, thanks for the idea

but again....now I have to drop someone or Duchene, or hold and see how Duchene does for a few games

In a pickle here

KEEPER SYSTEM:

Dobber Sports Titan

Hold Duchene on the IR for a game or two. Stats from two games for him won't make or break your season. Get full value on a trade.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If you need to drop someone drop Wilson. His value will plummit with Oshie back in my opinion and will not be producing at the level he has been.

You could also target T. Johnson his exposure to Stamkos and Kucherov makes him a good LW with other elegibility and you might be able to get him cheaper than your other options.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by matsar View Post
    If you need to drop someone drop Wilson. His value will plummit with Oshie back in my opinion and will not be producing at the level he has been.

You could also target T. Johnson his exposure to Stamkos and Kucherov makes him a good LW with other elegibility and you might be able to get him cheaper than your other options.

Well even Tom Wilson with a regression in scoring is invaluable in our league for hits and pims.

I am thinking of offering Pavelski and Hoffman for Matt Tkachuk..I really am just trying to get some sort of two for one to get Duchene activated

@Eskimo I didnt realize I could do a trade with a healthy player on IR. Thanks. I am willing to wait on the right deal for sure I dont mind him on IR...i just need to brainstorm a trade where im getting full value in return

KEEPER SYSTEM: