Thread: Trade advice

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Trade advice

My first round pick in 2020(probable top 5)
    Vs
    Kale clague and cal foote

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Trade advice

My first round pick in, 2020(probably top 5)
    Vs
    Kale clague and cal foote

The Great One

Default Re: Trade advice

Without knowing anything about your league, it's impossible to say. I have no idea how much depth players matter or if you can keep them. But my hunch says the top 5 pick in 2020 will net you a much higher impact player in the long run.

The Great One

I provided a response to this but I guess a mod deleted it due to your double post....

In short, need more info on your league and settings....

Dobber Sports Deity

Check out this thread. Lots of great info for new members.

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...ding-the-Forum

Probably the most important post is one of the first ones that offers this advice and fits here in your search for advice:

1. League type (Dynasty vs. Limited Keeper vs. One -year, Roto vs. H2H vs. Points only) Note: A points league that gives point values to categories does not equal points only.
    2. Salary or non-salary (also follow NHL salary cap hit or another type of salary setting)
    3. Scoring categories
    4. Full team Roster - Gives perspective when discussing trades
    5. Forward position differentiation (i.e. C/LW/RW, or simply F) - Important when discussing trades.
    6. Daily starts vs. Weekly starts
    7. How many players at each position iced per night. (i.e. 2G - That is a big one that makes a huge difference when discussing advice). Minimum goalie starts (i.e. 1 per week, 2 per week)
    8. Number of teams in the league - Important when talking goalies. There are 30 teams in the NHL meaning 30 starters in the NHL. If you're in a league with 16 teams that ices 2G per night..etc.
    9. League Provider -Don't assume that everybody uses the same league provider as you as some providers have different position eligibility among other things.

Another thing I'd like to mention (after seeing Jeff's post below) is to take advantage of the boards
    - Don't be afraid to ask questions or give your opinion.
    - Don't assume that because you have a low post count or rep power that your input is any less appreciated or regarded. There's hundreds of people on these boards with tons of knowledge, but just don't have the time or feel like posting a whole lot.

You'll get better replies if you offer the right info.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

Point only, full keeper league, 25 team. Start 2G,5D,10F

F:J. Abdelkader, O. Bjorkstrand, A. Cirelli, B. Connolly, M. Jankowski, D. Jaskin, B. Mcginn, Riley Nash, M. Paajarvi, C. White, D. Strome
    D:A. Edler, J. Edmundson, F. Hronek, C. Mier, M. Reilly
    G:T. Jarry, J. Saros

Minor:
    G:F. Gustavsson, K. Petruzzelli, F. Sandstorm, J. Woll, M. Zhukov
    D: J. Chychrun, J. Dougherty, T. Liljegren, P. Myers, V. Saarijarvi, J. Walman
    F:V. Abramov, Z. Astoo-reese, N. Aube-kubel, D. Bokk,
    S. Bowers, M. Bunting, W. Carrier, G. Denisenko, A. Formenton, P. Di Guiseppe, M. Geekie, A. Heponiemi, Y. Korshkov, R. Kupari, T. Rattie, Z. Senyshyn, A. Texier, K. Yamamoto

Dobber Sports Titan

Welcome!

My initial thought is that the high upside of a top pick trumps the lower ceiling defensemen, especially in a points only pool.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Without knowing anything about your league, it's impossible to say. I have no idea how much depth players matter or if you can keep them. But my hunch says the top 5 pick in 2020 will net you a much higher impact player in the long run.
    I concur. The top 5 should be more fruitful than those 2

Dobber Sports Deity

Not to say that Foote and Clague aren't good prospects, this looks more like a quantity for quality.

Why are you considering this?

PS - I merged your two threads together. Dont need to ask the same question twice.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

I dont know, i thought with 25 team start 5D maybe this would upgrade my D long term
    Point only, Dynasty league, 16 team. Start 2G,5D,11F

F: Scheifele, Aho, Veleno, Barkov, Debrincat, Trocheck, Nick schmaltz, Kupari, Ehlers, Lunderstrom and Stone
    D:A. Boqvist, Krug, Werenski, Hamilton and Nurse
    G:Shestyorkin and helleybuck

Minor:
    G: Woll
    D: C. Foote, PO Joseph
    F: A. Thomas, I. Rosen, Z. L'Heureux, T. Boucher, L. Reichel