Thread: Crosby

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Crosby

Nobody wants him! I seriously can't make any deals for him. I haven't made any ridiculous offers including him but haven't even gotten a counter offer. Who could I be targeting in a trade with Crosby as (or part of) my offer?

One reason I would like to trade him is I have 4 centers and we play only 2 along with 2 forward positions. I'm happy with the other centers I have.

I had an offer come in an hour ago. His Rantanon and Sergechev for Crosby, Marner and Letang. I countered, twice, subbing Marner with Tatar in one and Konecny in the other. He replied it will take a lot more to get "the number one guy right now".

Appreciate all feedback.

Cheers
    Yahoo: H2H Keeper (6F,3D,1G)
    G,A,PPG,PPA,+/-,Shots,Hits, W,GAA,SAV%

FWDS: A. Barkov, M. Marner, A. Panarin, J. Robertson, N.Ehlers, J.Bratt , PL Dubois, B Hagel, D. Mercer, B.Jenner
    D: A. Ekblad, J. Klingberg, J. Trouba, , S. Gostisbehere, F. Hronek
    G: Bobrovsky, Jarry, Hart

Yahoo2: H2H Keeper(14-only, up to 2G)
    G,A,+/-, SOG, GWG,PPP,SHG,HIT,BLK,
    W,GAA,SV,SO,

FWDS: N. Mackinnon, M. Rantanen, E. Pettersson, JT Miller, A. Panarin, V. Tarasenko, T. Meier, Z. Hyman , B. Boesner, T. Toffoli, D. Perron
    D: Q. Hughes, Z. Werenski, J. Klingberg, J. Chychrun, M. Matheson
    G: Demko, Hart,, Levi

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Crosby

Interesting. I own both of them. I too cannot really trade Crosby very easily. Mind you I've only tried to include him in a deal to land McJesus and another for mackinon. Nope.

Mariner and Crosby for Rantanen is bonkers.

I view Rantanen the equal to Crosby at best. Both heavy on assists...
    Still not sure how great Rantanen is without mackinon. I'm hoping it's the opposite that mackinon broke out cause of rants help! Not sure what to tell you. Move on from this Rantanen owner is about all I can tell you.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Sage

It's funny Crosby seems to be approaching Malkin territory for a lot of GMs. Both are guys you may have to be prepared to ride into the sunset with as it sees its difficult to get true or even fair value for. It's crazy but the over 30 thing is alive and well in alot of fantasy GMs.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Monster

It may be a case where you either wait until Sid is red hot and see if you can move him for a better price then, or just ride it out until the wheels fall off. I still think he has lots of good years ahead of him.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports All-Star

"the number one guy right now"

Right now being the the key words. The owner is correctly trying to sell high with Rantanen. I am not saying Rantonen is not a stud, but is he 'the' stud? Likely not, or at least, he has a lot more to prove to take the mantle. You rightly declined this offer which would be a gross overpayment in my opinion. Your counters were fair. Obviously the other owner is not interested in fair and he is entiltled to that stance.

Like others have said, might be best to wait until Sid goes on his inevitable hot streak to shop him. 'Recency bias', along with 'dead after 30' are both alive and kicking with most GM's. Timing is everything.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the replies . Much appreciated. I've been in this league for 14 years now and trades have always been hard to come by. It's a league where movement is almost nonexistent. I offered Crosby for Kane but the Kane owner values elite wings more than centers. Fair enough. Is Crosby untradeable at this point? I would like a wing but no bites on offers.

Dobber Sports Deity

Lets be honest, the only reason you want to trade Crosby is because of his age, which is probably the same reason no one seems to want him. Keep Crosby and trade one of your other centers if you are really worried about how many of those you have. My guess, Crosby is probably outperforming most of your other players (including the centers) anyways.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Axeman... Part of that is true. I thought I'd try and get something from Crosby while I can. But I cant even get a a counter offer when I offer him plus a draft pick for Tasarenko or Nylander or Hall. Most managers seem insulted when I offer Crosby and a first or second for said player.I've tried offering my other centers but no bite.

So I ask...suggestions on a winger whom I could target with Crosby?

Dobber Sports Deity

You are going to lose in a trade with Crosby so why bother. Keep him and trade a different center or just keep what you have for now and be patient. If the other GMs in your league are that worried about age, use that to your advantage and start buying low on some older quality players and kick their ass. Last time I checked, age wasn't a category in fantasy hockey that helps you win your league.

That's my opinion.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You are going to lose in a trade with Crosby so why bother. Keep him and trade a different center or just keep what you have for now and be patient. If the other GMs in your league are that worried about age, use that to your advantage and start buying low on some older quality players and kick their ass. Last time I checked, age wasn't a category in fantasy hockey that helps you win your league.

That's my opinion.
    Thanks man! Appreciate the opinion and feedback. That's why I came here and posed the question. I've been in a lot of fantasy leagues for a long time but don't necessarily get to watch a lot of games so always appreciate the info I get from here. I will seriously consider what you say and go from there. Cheers.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I tried to buy Crosby in the offseason from the last place team who I thought might look at it as a chance to move on from an 'older' player and get a good package of youth and picks in return. Wouldn't even entertain the idea.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner