Thread: Vesalainen declines WJC invitation

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Vesalainen declines WJC invitation

Vesalainen has declined invitation to join Team Finland for the World Juniors. Team Finland’s head coach confirmed it was player’s decision to focus on his season with Jokerit in the KHL instead of travelling to Canada for the tournament.

>> https://dobberprospects.com/player/kristian-vesalainen/

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Vesalainen declines WJC invitation

Interesting. Some kids use this tourney as a way to boost their stock (or sometimes hurt it depending on their performance) so he must be comfortable in the K. Big loss for FIN.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Interesting. Some kids use this tourney as a way to boost their stock (or sometimes hurt it depending on their performance) so he must be comfortable in the K. Big loss for FIN.
    Huge loss for sure. Hopefully the Predators release Tolvanen now. They can survive without one of the two but not having either one would be devastating.

I have also updated my projected lines for Team Finland >> https://dobberprospects.com/prospect...d-for-the-wjc/

Dobber Sports Stud

KVes definitely marches to his own beat. He is having early success with Jokerit so I guess he doesn't want to lose any momentum with that. Too bad for Finland, I would have bet on him being one of the top scorers in the tournament.