Thread: Hedman or Karlsson

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Hedman or Karlsson

Quick question for you guys.

Who would you rather have in a Points Only league, for the next 3 years?

Small caveat, the keeper league I am in, has a Regular Season Champion, Playoff Champion, and Overall Champion. So if Tampa (or whereever Karlsson ends up) go to the Cup finals, it might be a big help for the Playoff/Overall.

I am looking to win the next two years for sure.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Hedman or Karlsson

I'd say Hedman by a hair, if only because the TB situation seems more stable. We don't know where EK will go after this year. If he stays with SJ, he'll still have Burns around. The other components of the SJ team are on the wrong side of the aging curve, Timo excepted. A new team would probably have to sell him on being the centerpiece, but that may come with the PP gelling and all that. If you're looking to win in the next two years, stability and floor, at least at this level might be more attractive.

Dobber Sports Sage

It's uncomfortably close but talking 3 years I'm still going Karlsson. He's starting to quietly come alive in San Jose (14 points in his last 15 games). I see a strong 2nd half in his future and he could very easily end up back in San Jose next season after settling in. No bad choice here though. Similar floors and I still think Karlsson ceiling is higher than any other d man right now.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Rookie

Appreciate the feedback gents.