Thread: Goalie Help ( DROP Murray, DeSmith, Quick, Howard)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Red face Goalie Help ( DROP Murray, DeSmith, Quick, Howard)

Goalie conundrum
    Dropping 1-2: MURRAY, DeSMITH, QUICK, HOWARD

Head to head 10 team league
    W, -1L, SV%, GAA

I usually have 1 or 2 goalies and stream another per week. Depending on whos hot or not. I'm running low on picks so have to dial it back a bit and roll with a combination of goalies ROS. I won't be keeping any goalies for next year, so that's not a factor.
    My thoughts:
    Murray: Had ample time to recover. Penguins are arguably the best team these goalies play for. They have also tightened up defensively. Murray was awful, but so was the team.
    DeSmith: I could handcuff the Penguins goaltending and hope for a turn around season. Still unknow how many games he is given.
    Quick: Come on...it's Quick. Is the best goaltender on this list but plays for the worst team. Lots of trade rumours circling him and the team. If he goes to a competitor, or just anywhere else, he's gold. Do I hold out?
    Howard: Same as above. Too many trade rumours to ignore. Detroit ain't half bad currently either. Not sure if that'll last.

What do you guys think? Having 4 goalies is a little overkill in my league
    Top FA available are McElhinney, Hill, Kuemper, Greiss, Lehner, Mrazek, Elliott

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Peace

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Goalie Help ( DROP Murray, DeSmith, Quick, Howard)

I like Elliott (if healthy) better than Howard or DeSmith. But if you have to drop 1 now, I'd say Howard until we see Murray. If he's back, then the drop is DeSmith.
    ************************************************** ********************************
    Numbers are like prisoners. If you torture them enough, they'll tell you whatever you want to hear.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Goalie Help ( DROP Murray, DeSmith, Quick, Howard)

IMO this year in 10-12 team leagues, having 4 goalies if allowed IS A MUST! Not only because the position is so volatile but also as a defensive strategy to block others from streaming.