Thread: McDavid 9th player to hit 300 points before his 22nd birthday...

Dobber Sports Sage

Default McDavid 9th player to hit 300 points before his 22nd birthday...

Who were the other 8?
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Default Re: McDavid 9th player to hit 300 points before his 22nd birthday...

Gretzky, Yzerman, Crosby, Hawerchuk, Lemieux, Carson, Turgeon, Francis
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Genius

Before Looking it up I'll take a stab at it.

Gretzky - No brainer
    Lemieux - Gotta be
    Crosby - I would think (he and OV tore it up as rookies but OV had to have been a year older.. same with Malkin)
    Oh man, my confidence is waining. To get 300 before 22 I think you have to have played 3 seasons minimum but more likely 4. So guys had to come straight out of their draft year.
    - It can't be anyone from the pre-1967 era, I don't think. Not enough games played.
    - I don't think anyone has been an early and dominant scoring machine since Crosby, so anyone else post 2005 lockout couldn't have done it.
    - It took Bobby Orr a few seasons before he exploded.
    - I wanna say Selanne and Kariya but they both started a bit later (Europe/NCAA), I just don't think they had enough NHL time bfore 22
    - Jagr? nope, I don't think there were enough points to go around at that time. He didn't get 100+ as rookie or sophomore (Or did he, I don't think so)
    - This has to be an 80's thing when scoring was different.

Dale Hawerchuk - had over 100 points as a rookie and scored a bunch of points. Yeah, he should be one of the 8. - 95% confident
    Mike Bossy - I know he scored 50+ goals as a rookie and almost every year after. I'm just not sure if he started right away in the NHL after playing Jr. If he played 4 seasons starting at 18 with 50+ goals each year he should have hit 300.- 70% confident
    Steve Yzerman - He joined a shitty Wings team right away. He must have had a ton of ice time and points. - 50% confident
    Eeeeer, uuummmm, studder
    - there a bunch of high end 80's scores, Stasney, Turgeon, Lafontaine, Modano, Savard, Goulet, Mullen, the '84 Oilers... hmm. I could keep going on and on.
    - Messier and Francis (and Jagr) have a ton of points but they also played for a long long time.
    Jari Kurri - I don't think it was any of the 80's Oilers as it was a few years before it all came together and Gretzky had other linemates before Kurri. But hmmm. He did get a ton of with Gretzky ice time. It would make sence. - 30% confident
    Denis Savard - I know he got a ton of points and that Habs fans are still pissed they passed him over. I know I have seen video where he looks like a skinny kid while playing for the Hawks. Was he 18? gulp. Final answer. - 20% confident

Thanks for listening to my stream of thought. LOL
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Gretzky, Yzerman, Crosby, Hawerchuk, Lemieux, Carson, Turgeon, Francis
    Fun while it lasted I guess

Dobber Sports Genius

Denis Savard looks so small/skinny (and young). That teenaged face. The gloves the size of his head. LOL

- I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"