Thread: Dougie Hamilton for______

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Dougie Hamilton for______

I have Dougie Hamilton and am looking to move him for a plus player with some more points ideally, while not punting shots completely.

is it fair/too much/too little for any of the following guys in a 1-for-1 deal?

McAvoy
    Trouba
    Morrissey
    Montour
    Hanifin
    Brodie

How much more would I need to add for a guy like Krug?

thanks!
    13 team roto league — weekly lineups

G/A/Pts/Shots/+ -/PIM
    Wins/GAA

12F
    6D
    3G
    9 bench

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Dougie Hamilton for______

Krug would be a huge add imo. I wouldnt consider a deal of my Krug with Hamilton being the main piece right now and I own both. Personally I'm waiting on Hamilton to see if he has his big 2nd half again.

I think any of the other ones you listed are a reasonable 1for1 offer but I'm not sure any of them are an upgrade. If it's a full keeper league I may consider Morrissey in case he gets that Winnipeg pp1 opportunity down the road but I'd also be fine holding Hamilton knowing this just isn't his year.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Novice

My thoughts exactly, not really an upgrade but if I want to cut bait it’s a change of scenery. I think Trouba or Morrissey would be the most beneficial but could use a little upgrade on F with it if anything. Trying pry away Krug; how much of an upgrade do you think I’d need to give in a 2-for-2 to get it done?
    13 team roto league — weekly lineups

G/A/Pts/Shots/+ -/PIM
    Wins/GAA

12F
    6D
    3G
    9 bench

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ugli77 View Post
    My thoughts exactly, not really an upgrade but if I want to cut bait it’s a change of scenery. I think Trouba or Morrissey would be the most beneficial but could use a little upgrade on F with it if anything. Trying pry away Krug; how much of an upgrade do you think I’d need to give in a 2-for-2 to get it done?
    If it were me id want someone like Keller or point or maybe Monahan plus Hamilton for Krug and a lesser forward (don't know his team). Id be making you pay for Krug knowing Hamilton has upside, I don't see you winning the deal unless you van convince the other guy on someone like schmaltz or kase. Again for me Hamilton would be the secondary piece and a reasonable replacement for Krug with upside. Keller would be my real target.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Titan

As I said in my Capped article today, Hamilton's in a wide open buy window right now. He's a strong second half player playing on a Hurrcaines team that is due for a team wide positive-regression to the mean.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm thinking Hamilton was on a better team when he was having those good 2nd half seasons.
    I'm not sure if he or Carolina has that in them this year.

The Great One

Yeah - now is the time to buy low, not sell low. Anything you could expect to receive in return would have lower value than a notoriously strong second half player in Dougie.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hamilton only had a good quarter of a season last year. It was on the third part of the season (21pts in 22gp). I'd wait to see what he gives you on that part of the year. (https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...ougie-hamilton) He is a guy who will give you more on the second half of the season. His shot% is also quite lower than what it usually is, so wait for a come back from him. As others have already pointed out, you'd be selling low on him right now..

Dobber Sports All-Star

I do think Dougie will bounce back a bit. His shooting percentage is way to low and him and Carolina are due for some good bounces. That said, I am still not sure he hits 45 points this season. I have him pegged around 40 if all goes well for him.

I don't think I would move him for any of the D men on your list.

I traded Hamilton and B. Nelson for IR Klef and Drouin yesterday. I am pretty loaded on D and since I also just acquired Faulk, I felt I could move on from Dougie (don't really like owning two players on same team due to conflicts). Will I regret it? Maybe. Sometimes you just gotta gamble a bit
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    I do think Dougie will bounce back a bit. His shooting percentage is way to low and him and Carolina are due for some good bounces. That said, I am still not sure he hits 45 points this season. I have him pegged around 40 if all goes well for him.

I don't think I would move him for any of the D men on your list.

I traded Hamilton and B. Nelson for IR Klef and Drouin yesterday. I am pretty loaded on D and since I also just acquired Faulk, I felt I could move on from Dougie (don't really like owning two players on same team due to conflicts). Will I regret it? Maybe. Sometimes you just gotta gamble a bit
    Is Faulk actually doing something for you? No.

IMO it is a matter of time when they do the right thing in Carolina.

Don`t give up on Hamilton. Move Faulk instead if you can, even though you just acquired him. The tables are about to turn on who`s getting the top job on the PP.
    Ice Cap Hockey League, 32 teams, salary cap dynasty. Est. 2020. Commish.
    Global Fantasy League, 32 teams, salary cap dynasty. Est. 2022. Commish.
    BHL, 12 teams dynasty. Est. 2010. Commish.
    SSHL, 10 teams dynasty. Est. 2020.
    JHL, 32 teams, salary cap dynasty. Est. 2023.

Yearly best ball league player.