Thread: Improve team, or doin too much??

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Improve team, or doin too much??

So after an early mid-season evaluation (league in bio), I want to improve my team, but I dont want to make moves just to make them.

In summary, when looking at team stats for my league, I sit in the following positions (2nd place overall):

Goals: 1st
    PIM: 1st
    PPP: 1st
    SOG: 1st
    HIT: 1st
    SHG: 2nd
    Assists: 4th
    +/-: dead last lmao

I dont care to improve plus minus, because adding one or two players really isnt going to flip my plus minus, it is a calculated sacrifice to ignore plus minus and it has faired just fine i believe.

I would like to improve on Assists if I can, and I want to quit fantasy forever for dropping Huberdeau for Hoffman a month ago...but I was thinking of trading Palmieri for Matt Tkachuk to shore up my LW skill, depth and overall assist numbers. If that offer isnt good enough I was contemplating offering Palmieri and Gostisbehere for Tkachuk...I almost feel this is offering too much but do we still believe in a Gostisbehere turn around at this point???

Any insight on a trade I could make to get a LW that will help me in the assist category? I feel my other option is to stand pat and wait for a second half break out candidate, or add Matt Duchene and put him on the IR. The only issue with adding Duchene is once he is healthy I will be crowded at center with 4 centers...

some notable free agents include:
    S. Couturier
    B. Schenn
    A. Tuch
    T. Konecny
    J. Faulk
    JVR
    D. Keith
    N. Schmaltz
    A. Johnsson
    Z. Hyman

Any insight would be really appreciated, thanks guys.
    12 TEAM H2H: G/A/PIM/PPP/SOG/FOW/HIT/BLK| W/GAA/SV%/SHO

KEEPER SYSTEM:
    - 1 keeper allowed, but it cannot be your 1st or 2nd round pick from the previous years draft
    - Your keeper is then auto-drafted to your team 2 rounds earlier than you drafted him the previous year
    - Ex). Draft a guy in the 6th last year? He would be auto-drafted to your team in the 4th this year

__________________________________________________ ________
    C: E. Lindholm, J. Eriksson Ek
    RW: N. Kucherov, JT Miller
    LW: S. Stamkos, PL Dubois, F. Forsberg
    D: D. Hamilton, J. Trouba, D. Nurse, K. Letang, A. Larsson, Z. Werenski
    G: Binnington, Forsberg, Woll
    IR+: Andersson, Boldy, Bennett

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Improve team, or doin too much??

Yes I expect Ghost to turn around, and it wouldn't even shock me if Ghost had more assists the rest of the season than Tkachuk.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Yes I expect Ghost to turn around, and it wouldn't even shock me if Ghost had more assists the rest of the season than Tkachuk.
    Do you think Palmieri is worth moving for a LW? Especially since, 1). hes got 4 goals in his last 2 games, and 2). I have Pavelski and Lindholm also eligible at RW.

Or is stashing Duchene and waiting for a 2nd half break out guy a better plan of action

KEEPER SYSTEM:
    - 1 keeper allowed, but it cannot be your 1st or 2nd round pick from the previous years draft
    - Your keeper is then auto-drafted to your team 2 rounds earlier than you drafted him the previous year
    - Ex). Draft a guy in the 6th last year? He would be auto-drafted to your team in the 4th this year

Dobber Sports Titan

Stashing Duchene sounds like a solid idea if that's an option.

Tkachuk for Palmieri sounds decent too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Stashing Duchene sounds like a solid idea if that's an option.

Tkachuk for Palmieri sounds decent too.
    Thanks man

althought after last nights 4 assist performance I dont think my chances of snagging Tkachuk look very good. I would like to deal Palmieri for a left wing though, maybe i need to look a little farther down the line or for someone who is slumping

KEEPER SYSTEM: