Thread: Alex Ovechkin the GOAT of multi category fantasy hockey?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Alex Ovechkin the GOAT of multi category fantasy hockey?

I have only been in fantasy hockey for 8 years so I even missed his best years but man I have owned him for 6 of them and he just delivers. After yesterdays hatty in my main league that counts hits and shots his stat line is again ridiculous.

25 goals 39 points 116 shots and 90 hits.

I have tried to fit trades in for a couple years for him worrying about age decline but you never get fair value. I think I ride him into the fantasy sunset.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Alex Ovechkin the GOAT of multi category fantasy hockey?

He's the only one that does it yr in and yr out. Simple as that.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

The guy is just a durable skilled hard-nosed fantastic hockey player. Glad he got a cup. Love to watch him play.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

GOAT season still has to be Kevin Stevens in 1991-92. If only they kept track of hits back then......
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    GOAT season still has to be Kevin Stevens in 1991-92. If only they kept track of hits back then......
    123 points and 254 PIMS wow. What an era of fantasy hockey that would of been. I doubt there were a lot of banger and mash leagues back then but I could be wrong.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I own him in both my leagues this year. He is untouchable when it comes to the multi cat benefit he brings.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I have only been in fantasy hockey for 8 years so I even missed his best years but man I have owned him for 6 of them and he just delivers. After yesterdays hatty in my main league that counts hits and shots his stat line is again ridiculous.

25 goals 39 points 116 shots and 90 hits.
    Just before the season began, I had the first pick overall in the Dobber Smythe division pool. I debated between Ovi and McDavid, and eventually settled on Ovi. I've never owned McDavid in a pool, but I figured Ovi would lead in goals, shots and hits, while McDavid would lead in assists (and they would be close in PPP and plus/minus). Right now, Ovi is #1 (thanks to hits and goals) and McDavid is #7 in that league.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Just before the season began, I had the first pick overall in the Dobber Smythe division pool. I debated between Ovi and McDavid, and eventually settled on Ovi. I've never owned McDavid in a pool, but I figured Ovi would lead in goals, shots and hits, while McDavid would lead in assists (and they would be close in PPP and plus/minus). Right now, Ovi is #1 (thanks to hits and goals) and McDavid is #7 in that league.
    That's a disciplined move, most people would miss the forest for the trees in that situation.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Generally, for his career - I think Ovechkin IS the landslide greatest multi-cat fantasy hockey player.
    I have two one-year fantasy hockey league wins in last two years... BOTH drafts were Ovechkin in round #1 followed by a boatload of awesome D... which one can do when they have OV's SOG & G totals!
    What a beast, absolute powerhouse year-after-year in leagues with G(all), PPP(most), SOG(most), and HIT(some).

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Generally, for his career - I think Ovechkin IS the landslide greatest multi-cat fantasy hockey player.
    I have two one-year fantasy hockey league wins in last two years... BOTH drafts were Ovechkin in round #1 followed by a boatload of awesome D... which one can do when they have OV's SOG & G totals!
    What a beast, absolute powerhouse year-after-year in leagues with G(all), PPP(most), SOG(most), and HIT(some).
    Try looking up Gordie Howe's stats. 1962 for example (age: 34): GP: 70. 38 goals; 48 assists; 86 points - took the Art Ross as leading scorer. Other stats: +23; 100 PIMS; 13 PPG; 6 GWG; 351 SOG. Based on a quick peek of 1962 data at hockey reference, Gordie Howe was top 10 in PIMs that year, and 1st in SOG (Bobby Hull was the only other player to top 300 SOG, at 305). And it's not like this guy was a one-year wonder or anything...