Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Auction Draft

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:Auction Draft

Hey Commish,

Your league rules sound great....were they posted ? I am working on a similar type league and would love to look at the rules
    Comish Dynasty

24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    CAP = $1200
    G.A.+/-.PIM.STP.SOG.BS.HITS
    W.GAA.SV%.SV

Tier 1
    C - Scheifele, Stamkos, Eichel, Komarov, D.Strome
    LW - Gaudreau, Palat, Schenn, Trocheck, Domi, Vatrano
    RW - Forsberg, T.Wilson, Clutterbuck, Shaw, Nichoshkin
    D - PK, OEL, Trouba, Jones, Martinez, Myers, Despres, Beauchemin, Pouiliot,
    G - Allen, Elliott, Gibson

Cap = $1116

Dobber Sports Ninja

bctopdawg wrote:
    Hey Commish,

Your league rules sound great....were they posted ? I am working on a similar type league and would love to look at the rules
    The rules aren\'t posted yet. Send me an email to [email protected] and I\'ll send you what I\'ve got.

Post edited by: The Comish, at: 2007/08/28 04:36
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

As you know I would definitly be in. Can never be in enough hockey pools:side:

email sent, thanks

I\'m at [email protected]
    Comish Dynasty

24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    CAP = $1200
    G.A.+/-.PIM.STP.SOG.BS.HITS
    W.GAA.SV%.SV

Tier 1
    C - Scheifele, Stamkos, Eichel, Komarov, D.Strome
    LW - Gaudreau, Palat, Schenn, Trocheck, Domi, Vatrano
    RW - Forsberg, T.Wilson, Clutterbuck, Shaw, Nichoshkin
    D - PK, OEL, Trouba, Jones, Martinez, Myers, Despres, Beauchemin, Pouiliot,
    G - Allen, Elliott, Gibson

Cap = $1116

cob

For those of you you haven\'t had the opportunity to join one of these pools I highly recommend it. The draft is great fun.

Anyhow, for those interested this is how we conduct our auction:

There are 10 GMs. We put numbers 1-10 into a hat and everyone selects a number. This determines who can throw out the next player for bid. It is also the draft order for the snake draft to fill bench spot... more on that later.

Each GM is alotted $175 dollars to fill 10 forward, 5 D and 2 goalie positions. Once a player is thrown out you bid on him as much as you wish (integer values only), but keep in mind that as you go along you must have enough money to spend at least $1 on each of the remaining spots.

Once the 17 man rosters are filled, we move on to the snake draft to fill the 4 bench spots. The same order from the lottery applies except to make it fair you draft 1-10 and then 10-1.

The whole ordeal usually consists of 8 hours of drafting, beer drinking and trash talking. Good times.

What\'s also interesting about this pool is how much money we are able to generate for the top 3 winners. 1st place usually walks away with $2000, 2nd $1000 an 3rd about $300.

$50 gets you in the door and takes care of the initial draft. Once the season starts every Sunday we have another draft (or free agent period, if you will) where you are allowed to release and pickup any players from the free agent pool. Last place selects first, and so-on and so-forth. Each individual free agent pickup costs $5 (actual cash) that goes into the kitty, and all bench moves result in a $1 dollar transaction.

Needless to say, this will be my 5th year in this pool and it really adds to the excitement of the hockey year. Not to mention, the ability to walk away with a couple of grand for efforts doesn\'t hurt either.

Cheers,

COB