Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Raptors' Danny Green says bagged milk in Canada “needs to change”

Administrator

Default Re: Raptors' Danny Green says bagged milk in Canada “needs to change”

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    An multi-millionaire athlete complaining an inconvenience? Shocker.

I kid. Honestly I feel like for these athletes this has become a bit of a joke to them too. I feel like it must be a tongue-in-cheek kind of thing for lols.
    Agreed.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I suppose what you are saying makes sense. I really don't know. I will say, though, that we crazy humans do lots of things with our food that other animals don't (like cook it, cultivate it) so the fact that we drink milk even though other animals don't doesn't really seem strange to me. One might argue that according to nature we were never meant to drink milk. We were meant by nature to cook our food or grow crops?
    Were we meant by nature to build and fly airplanes or type about this on an internet forum? We're also the only animals that do those things, along with several others. I mean, animals don't process and package their food and then buy it in a supermarket either. Invalid argument.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Were we meant by nature to build and fly airplanes or type about this on an internet forum? We're also the only animals that do those things, along with several others. I mean, animals don't process and package their food and then buy it in a supermarket either. Invalid argument.

Excellent point.

Also, diet is such a funny thing. All of us are still alive, and at some point have been healthy. We also all eat food. It's one of those things that nearly everyone considers themselves to be experts on and we have this amazing N of 1 thing going on where we think we have it figured out. On top of that, well done studies on diet and nutrition are so incredibly difficult to do well because of so many confounding variables. Diet and nutrition is such a gong show for actually understanding well, and yet most people think they have it pretty much figured out, even while completely disagreeing with each other on fundamental things. If you look at sports nutrition in particular you get wildly varying opinions on what's best, with many of the diets completely contradicting each other, but many of them having some underlying ideas rooted in a study somewhere. The more I have tried to understand nutrition, specifically in sport, the more insane it gets.