Thread: Is my team good enough to win? Rep given

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Is my team good enough to win? Rep given

Given what my team is now, is it good enough on paper to actually win? My goaltending is a weakness but could it hold up? Rep given for reaponses. Team in sig. 14 team keeper league
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Is my team good enough to win? Rep given

Yeah, as you say I don't love your goaltending. Good top end forwards but lacking a bit of depth IMO.

Dobber Sports Sage

I quite like your forwards. Your worst performer this year is probably B Schenn which is pretty solid. You have 3 top end D men and provo has potential to improve. Goalies will be what holds you back but honestly they are so unpredictable that Smith and Price could end up being good enough to get the job done. Overall you could win now in a 14 team league imo.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

with your goalies, there certainly is the potential for any of them to go on a run in the playoffs. heck, I rode varlamov through a few playoff rounds last year. so yeah - the potential is there, but as always, you'll need a little luck.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

As everyone else has said, you're goalies are going to hold back.
    Have you thought about trading Timo Meier and one of your current goalies for a better goalie? He's the only really obvious non-sustainable performer on your team.
    He has a high 5 on 5 S%, with 10% less offensive zone starts than last year, and an IPP 20% over last year at 79%. At 79%, he's entering into elite territory and I don't think he's quite there yet.
    Maybe a Koskinen and Meier for a desperate Rask, Bobs or Duby owner? I feel like Edmonton is going to try to give Talbot the net back a few more times as he has the larger contract but no doubt Koskinen is out playing Talbot lately.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by razarr View Post
    As everyone else has said, you're goalies are going to hold back.
    Have you thought about trading Timo Meier and one of your current goalies for a better goalie? He's the only really obvious non-sustainable performer on your team.
    He has a high 5 on 5 S%, with 10% less offensive zone starts than last year, and an IPP 20% over last year at 79%. At 79%, he's entering into elite territory and I don't think he's quite there yet.
    Maybe a Koskinen and Meier for a desperate Rask, Bobs or Duby owner? I feel like Edmonton is going to try to give Talbot the net back a few more times as he has the larger contract but no doubt Koskinen is out playing Talbot lately.
    The guy who owns bob acquired him earlier this season and moved a 1st and 2nd, along with saros and ullmark to do so. He's not willing to move him any time soon haha. The guy who has Rask has made one trade in the past 3 years. He also owns Rinne and Grubauer so Rask should be a player he could move. The guy who has Duby is actually willing to and looking to move him. What would you guys suggest is a good proposition for a deal?
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Stalinism View Post
    The guy who owns bob acquired him earlier this season and moved a 1st and 2nd, along with saros and ullmark to do so. He's not willing to move him any time soon haha. The guy who has Rask has made one trade in the past 3 years. He also owns Rinne and Grubauer so Rask should be a player he could move. The guy who has Duby is actually willing to and looking to move him. What would you guys suggest is a good proposition for a deal?
    Who do you think is going to be cheaper - Rask or Duby? I would lean towards Duby, he's been one of the most consistent fantasy goalies over the last few years.

What are you willing to give up? I think Meier might be a good option as he doesn't look sustainable right now (see my last post), maybe Stone due to high injury history but he's a point per game player when he's heathly. Similar with Letang, his injury history always worries me but he's so good when he's healthy.

What do you have for replacements on waivers? If you trade a 1 for 1 for a goalie, you could drop McElhinney (hurt, old and 3 goalie rotation) and pick up whatever position you traded away.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

As said above, I really believe your goalies could go on a run. Price and Smith left a lot to be desired early on, but both are coming around. So,Yes! I think your team could possibly win with some luck and good Goaltending.
    14 Team H2H- Keep 6
    Start 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2G Daily 16 roster spots
    G,A, +/-, PPP, PIM, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SO

2022/23 Draft Picks:1,1,2,3,4,4,5,5,10,10

Keepers for 2022/23 season:

A.Svechnikov
    Debrincat
    B. Tkachuk
    Raymond
    Batherson
    J.Hughes