Thread: DeBrincat or One of the Following?!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default DeBrincat or One of the Following?!

Hey guys,

Just wondering if you'd rather any of the following over DeBrincat?

R. Smith
    Zucker
    Hertl
    JVR
    Ferland
    Hischier
    Tatar

Thanks in advance!
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: DeBrincat or One of the Following?!

Definitely Hischier. Hertl too. I'd have to look a little closer at the rest. Debrincat has not been looking very good.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Pro

Hischier for me
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Padawan

You guys like Hischier eh. His numbers aren't stellar lately though. Can I ask what it is both of you like about him? Has he just yet to break out?

Dobber Sports Pro

For this year , it’s pretty close. I just think Hischier is in a better situation in NJ. Personal choice.
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Dover View Post
    For this year , it’s pretty close. I just think Hischier is in a better situation in NJ. Personal choice.
    Thanks boss. Reps given!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Chicago is a mess lately, they have the league worst powerplay, and the new coach keeps moving around his linemates. I'm still a believer in DeBrincat (mostly in keeper leagues to be fair) but I still think he can hit 60-65 before this season is over. His ice time is bouncing anywhere between 14 and 18 minutes a night and he gets brief chances to play with Kane but ends up getting moved with someone else before they get a chance to really get rolling.

Now that Anisimov is injured I think (hope) we'll see a line of DeBrincat-Strome-Kane, and if it does happen maybe it gets a good long look this time around because I believe those three could do some damage.

The main thing though is Chicago's powerplay NEEDS to improve. DBC gets lots of PP time lately with Kane and Toews but if the unit as a whole can't generate anything time after time then points obviously won't come. Fun fact: Chicago spent over 14 minutes on the PP last night against the Habs (almost a quarter of the game) and still lost. Turning that around and giving DBC more exposure to Kane will go a long way towards getting him rolling again.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    Chicago is a mess lately, they have the league worst powerplay, and the new coach keeps moving around his linemates. I'm still a believer in DeBrincat (mostly in keeper leagues to be fair) but I still think he can hit 60-65 before this season is over. His ice time is bouncing anywhere between 14 and 18 minutes a night and he gets brief chances to play with Kane but ends up getting moved with someone else before they get a chance to really get rolling.

Now that Anisimov is injured I think (hope) we'll see a line of DeBrincat-Strome-Kane, and if it does happen maybe it gets a good long look this time around because I believe those three could do some damage.

The main thing though is Chicago's powerplay NEEDS to improve. DBC gets lots of PP time lately with Kane and Toews but if the unit as a whole can't generate anything time after time then points obviously won't come. Fun fact: Chicago spent over 14 minutes on the PP last night against the Habs (almost a quarter of the game) and still lost. Turning that around and giving DBC more exposure to Kane will go a long way towards getting him rolling again.
    Thanks Frozen... yeah I saw DeBrincat had over 10 minutes on the PP and thought it had to be a typo... Lol

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post

There is no reason to believe the PP will improve. For the Hawks entire run, their PP has never been much better than league average and usually they have been below average. Keith is awful on the PP and having Seabrook on the point makes little sense since he cannot enter the zone and his strength has never been a PP QB.

I agree that a Strome, Kane, Cat line would be the best bet for his production but the team is pretty awful and there isn't any real reason for optimism other than it can't get any worse.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ended up dropping DeBrincat for R. Smith... he's playing well and will also get me 4 games next week.

Another question I have is regarding Konecny... of the names above (including Schwartz... who is set to be back soon) would any of you make a swap for anyone in else particular, or would you hold Konecny to see if he keeps up his production on the top line?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If you asked me at the start of the year, I would be saying JVR for sure but Philly is such a mess this year.
    It's sort of irrelevant now about Smith but the boys on Keeping Karlsson mentioned that every year that Smith has been dealt to a new team he's had a 13-14% S% followed by a ~9% S% the next year. Dallas to Boston 8.8% to 13.7%, Boston to Florida 9.1%-14.5%, Florida to Vegas 9.4% to 13.6%. So it might not be a surprise if he stays around ~8% S% this year. I would think his 55 point pace is about right for this year.
    I would hold on to Konecny as long as he stays on Giroux's line.