Thread: DobberProspects Top 75 Fantasy Hockey Prospects

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default DobberProspects Top 75 Fantasy Hockey Prospects

We had nine writers submitting their personal top 50 lists, and the end-result of that was a consensus top 75 ranking. Check it out, and please let me know what you think about this. Is it a waste of time considering Dobber has his own monthly rankings or would you like to see something like this a few times per season?

>> Top 75 Fantasy Hockey Prospects - December 2018

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: DobberProspects Top 75 Fantasy Hockey Prospects

Great list to see, much appreciated guys. Some really interesting points:

- Mittelstadt's range was from as high as 3rd to NOT RANKED. (So at least one participant didn't have him as a top 50 prospect.)
    - Kravstov and Hepo had a similar ranges of 7 - NR.
    - So did Chytil: 6 - NR, and Roslovic 5 - NR.
    - Veleno averaged out at 59th but was as high as 14.
    - Curius if Bokk and Farabee were honourable mentions...
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post

- Mittelstadt's range was from as high as 3rd to NOT RANKED. (So at least one participant didn't have him as a top 50 prospect.)

First of all, to JP-- I love this list and love the work you're doing with Dobber Prospects. It's the best prospect stuff on the web IMO, please keep it up regardless of Dobber's lists.

To jman, I had the same exact thought about Bokk. I think it could be based on where he plays. But I think he's got immense upside.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post

That's what makes these rankings so interesting to me. Some people like certain guys whereas others don't like them so much.

Surprisingly, Bokk and Farabee didn't get any top 50 votes. I think they would have been there if it was a top 60 ranking. Top 50 is a tough list to crack.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the list, Jokke and colleagues. I like reading various opinions, so seeing this list a few times a year would be welcome for sure.
    12-team Dynasty Salary
    G-A-H-B/W-SO
    Crosby, Giroux, Pavelski, Hagel, Tarasenko, Terry, Bjorkstrand, Joshua, Cotter, Drury, Holtz, Kasper, Dorofeyev, Rosén, Brindley
    Dunn, Sergachev, Nurse, Trouba, Girard, Harley, Korczak, Söderström, Luneau, Pickering, Behrens, Rinzel
    Bobrovsky, Woll, Patera, Garand

10-team Dynasty Roto
    G-A-FOW-STP-H-B/W-GAA-Sv%
    Matthews, Hyman, Bratt, Guentzel, Thompson, Horvat, Lindholm, Buchnevich, Toffoli, Konecny, Rust, Laine, Peterka, Neighbours, Kemell, Snuggerud, Bourque, Wood, Öhgren
    Makar, Josi, Dobson, Pietrangelo, Hanifin, Faber, Spence, Edvinsson, Zellweger, Willander, Bonk, Casey
    Shesterkin, Hellebuyck, Georgiev,
    Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Sage

Awesome stuff by you and the boys, Jokke. This is excellent to compare to Dobbers List. Youve given me some names to put on my shopping list.

The Great One

Yeah, I'd like to see this list a few times a year. I know Dobber has his list, but it's not like one opinion is better than multiple opinions.

As I mentioned for the goalie rankings, I think what would add a LOT of value to these lists is if each contributor wrote a profile on just two players on their list; one that they had ranked (much) higher than average and one that they ranked (much) lower than average. The most interesting insights are from the outliers. I know writing a blurb on a player takes time and energy, that's why I'd suggest limiting it to just two players each. that might make it reasonable workload wise.

Also, I was just trying to find the goalie list today. I'd never have found it if I didn't know it existed. There has to be a way to organize that site to make it easier to find. These lists have too much value to bury them. (In hindsight, you should bury them and not let anyone I compete with find them )

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Also, I was just trying to find the goalie list today. I'd never have found it if I didn't know it existed. There has to be a way to organize that site to make it easier to find. These lists have too much value to bury them. (In hindsight, you should bury them and not let anyone I compete with find them )
    It's stacked in the goalie thread and has its own article on the DP site, not much more we can do haha.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to see this list a few times a year. I know Dobber has his list, but it's not like one opinion is better than multiple opinions.

As I mentioned for the goalie rankings, I think what would add a LOT of value to these lists is if each contributor wrote a profile on just two players on their list; one that they had ranked (much) higher than average and one that they ranked (much) lower than average. The most interesting insights are from the outliers. I know writing a blurb on a player takes time and energy, that's why I'd suggest limiting it to just two players each. that might make it reasonable workload wise.

The problem is that people don't know who they're ranking way higher or lower than consensus until after the consensus is put together, and I don't want to delay the release of it for weeks so that everyone can write something about their outliers. However, I will try to get people to write about their outliers in upcoming ramblings.

We're working on improving the DP site so that these things are easier to find.

Dobber Sports Sage

I agree with the others. Excellent job and thank you.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt, Hayton
    RW- Batherson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Stone, Wilson, Raymond,
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Ristolainen, Cernak, Barrie
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Levi, Tarasov

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Mintyukov, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, Podskolvin, REvans, Dorofeyev, Anunumen

Dobber Sports Padawan

Please continue doing a dobber prospects ranking! I always look at both Dobber and Dobber Prospects and both are valuable resources

Dobber Sports Stud

Good stuff, thanks !~

List like this are invaluable for comparison purposes

Looking forward to the next list
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.