Thread: Raanta... Now What?!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Raanta... Now What?!

Hey guys,

Word on the street is Raanta could be out for the remainder of the season... this blows considering he was arguably my best performing goalie when he was healthy and now I'll be forced to play Allen most weeks.

Anyways, Hill was scooped up early so he isn't available. I grabbed Kuemper, but was wondering if given the list below you'd suggest I take someone else... as you'll see it's slim pickings for goalies as these are ranked based on owned %...

Rittich
    Lehner
    Reimer
    Mrazek
    Dell

Thanks in advance!
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Raanta... Now What?!

ugh...Rittich is probably the best option based upon the team playing in front of him. Smith is playing so well now but he's always injured so a larger role can open.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    ugh...Rittich is probably the best option based upon the team playing in front of him. Smith is playing so well now but he's always injured so a larger role can open.
    Do you suggest I drop Kuemper for Rittich? Or possibly wait until I get the official word on Raanta and then drop Raanta for Rittich... I'd be running with four goalies... but in this league it's not all that uncommon.

Dobber Sports Initiate

and...don't know how desperate you actually are, but Darling called back up...maybe gets a chance to get the crease back...maybe moved to a team that needs a goalie...like say Az.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by The Maritimer View Post
    Do you suggest I drop Kuemper for Rittich? Or possibly wait until I get the official word on Raanta and then drop Raanta for Rittich... I'd be running with four goalies... but in this league it's not all that uncommon.
    The AZ situation is going to be fluid because Hill is hot now but wasn't setting the minors on fire and now seems to be settling back down to earth so there's a chance Kuemper gets a look when he's healthy but...he's Kuemper and this isn't those LAK or MINN teams in front of him.

The caveat is always...it's your team, your call. People who give advice hate to steer someone down the wrong path if it doesn't work out so, please, solicit other opinions. If it was my team, i would drop Kuemper for Rittich.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    The AZ situation is going to be fluid because Hill is hot now but wasn't setting the minors on fire and now seems to be settling back down to earth so there's a chance Kuemper gets a look when he's healthy but...he's Kuemper and this isn't those LAK or MINN teams in front of him.

The caveat is always...it's your team, your call. People who give advice hate to steer someone down the wrong path if it doesn't work out so, please, solicit other opinions. If it was my team, i would drop Kuemper for Rittich.
    Absolutely... it's a tough decision, but I appreciate the advice. Thanks and reps given!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If it helps I'm in the same boat with Raanta and picked up Rittich with all the others you listed available. A shame if he does miss the rest the season.

Dobber Sports Sage

With goalies there are certainly no guarantees. I'm all for rittich over kuemper but I do expect Smith to get the bulk of the starts in Calgary. Hope for good news wth Raanta. There's just no great choice here but as Todd Bertuzzi in famously said, it is what it is.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Veteran

Rittich is you only hope for now.. unless you make a trade?!
    Devils & Predators fan