Thread: Phil Varone and the Flyers Power Play

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Phil Varone and the Flyers Power Play

Probably file this under "let's kick the tires" and jump start special teams and wake an underachieving squad.

Varone is 28 but has been driving the Phantom's special teams this season. The Flyers power play has been awful of late.

Is this about giving the guy a chance or a wake up call to the drowsy Flyers team that surprisingly, is still playing .500 hockey? I love redemption type stories. Good luck, fella.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Phil Varone and the Flyers Power Play

I'd love to see this guys make some noise. Hopefully he will get a look at the 2nd PP.

Dobber Sports Deity

Hes has a few cups of coffee before but I can see the Flyers more interested in calling up their kids over a veteran like Varone.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Hes has a few cups of coffee before but I can see the Flyers more interested in calling up their kids over a veteran like Varone.
    this seems like the type of move you make when you're going to fire the coach and just need to fill a roster spot. Makes no sense to call up a kid and have him learn a system that's not going to be around much longer.