Thread: Larkin for Granlund + Zacha

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Larkin for Granlund + Zacha/Jost

Points only, deep keeper league.

I’ve got a young, emerging team. 2-3 years away from being legitimate and fleshed out.

Move my HOT Larkin for Granlund and a “buy low” Zacha? Or is Jost a nicer asset over Zacha?

Basically a Granlund / Jost or Granlund / Zacha offer is on the table for my Larkin.

I’m loving Larkin to be honest, but not sure if I’m undervaluing Granlund here

Thanks again!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Larkin for Granlund + Zacha

Decided not to do it.

Larkin too nasty. He looked great out there against the leafs (my team)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Larkin has really picked up his game the last little stretch here with 7pts in his last four. And he's only 22yrs old so certainly young enough to be a solid piece in a rebuild/retool. If a guy like Zadina can develop into a dangerous trigger man for him in the near future that will be a bonus also.

I was high enough on Larkin coming into the season that I took him in the 2nd of our redraft (after ten keepers), with the expectation of a 70pt breakout year for him with upside for a little more. He's pacing for about 76pts right now so I'm happy with how his season is going so far. Besides his underlying numbers suggesting a breakout my thinking was also that he would embrace a bigger role now that Zetterberg was out of the way, similar to how Nathan MacKinnon took off once Duchene was gone and it was his officially his team moving forward. Obviously Larkin is no MacKinnon but there are parellels between their situations and so far Larkin is running with the increased icetime and better linemates as well as I hoped he would.

Unless you can turn him into a relatively young and more proven guy like Seguin I'm not sure I'd be super anxious to sell him in your situation. I'm not sure he'll ever have a 90pt ceiling or anything like that but I'm optimistic he can be an occasional point per game guy in the future if some of the other promising young guys around him develop well.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Immortal

Larkin has been on fire lately. Sending my Leafs friends a screenshot of Larkin going 6 or 7 picks after Nylander every time he gets a point has been the highlight of my year so far

I don't see it happening with Zacha so I actually like that you kept Larkin.