Thread: When the home team scores

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default When the home team scores

Just some thoughts.

Is there a worse fantasy feeling than when the home team scores against your goalie and you have to listen to celebration for what seems like 5 mins.

Who has the most annoying one to sit through when your goalie lets one up? Dallas is tough.

Also, what if the home team does like what baseball does when They plays a batterÂ’s walk up theme and play the goal scorers theme song after he scores?

It’s a Saturday and just offering a change of pace from the usual “dud I win this trade” posts.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: When the home team scores

Along the same lines - I find the oilers horn after they score to be the most annoying sound in sports. I seriously can't stand it.. If my fantasy goalie was playing them at home and got lit up it would definitely be worse.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Ninja

All those stupid horns drive me insane. Give me the Blue Jackets cannon any day!! Fire!!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Big Daddy

The most annoying horn is the league is easily Buffalo’s. Loud, long and multiple blasts. Screw that team. It doesn’t help that I hate Buffalo more than any other team.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    The most annoying horn is the league is easily Buffalo’s. Loud, long and multiple blasts. Screw that team. It doesn’t help that I hate Buffalo more than any other team.
    To add to the annoying fog horn, the Islanders have a fan who plays the drums and then they do the Daniel Bryan “Yes yes yes”...makes no sense.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Listening to the Blackhawks' announcers after a goal is absolutely infuriating.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Listening to the Blackhawks' announcers after a goal is absolutely infuriating.
    I have the NHL package on tv and the radio so i catch a lot of games. It does seem that there are a lot of "homers" that call hockey games. Growing up as a Nordiques fan, the Bruins were on a "super station" so I got to watch their games. It was early 80's or so and I recall the Nords were up big, early. The old announcers already sounded like they were half in the bag and at one point just blurted out "some s#itty play by the Bruins right now".

Has anyone mentioned, what sounds like Eric Cartman's "Go, Kings Go"?

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm just happy when someone scores. It's better than no one scoring.