Thread: Chabot for Price

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Chabot for Price

I am debating accepting this offer. Should I sell high on Chabot especially now that Duchene will likely be out long term? I can't see him maintaining his rate of secondary assists. I saw his 9% sh% and thought that was too high to maintain but he shot 9.6% for the year last year. Price will get his starts but will Montreal win enough games in the second half to make it worthwhile?

10 Team League, Daily Roster Changes, 9F, 4D, 2G 4IR+ Points Only:
    G2, A1, BS.25 PIM.25, PPG1, SHG2, S.025, W2 SO3
    100 Transactions max 20 used
    F Hoffman Tavares, R Smith, Eberle Dubois, Kreider, Skinner, Reinhart, Pastrnak, Ehlers, D Strome, Palmieri, Getzlaf
    D Chabot, Barrie, Reilly, Klefbom, Hedman, Hamilton
    G DeSmith, F Anderson
    IR Trochek, Raanta

The Great One

Default Re: Chabot for Price

When Raanta comes back, does that mean you'll be dropping DeSmith (assuming you make this deal)? I think I like what you have, given that for goalies, all the matters are wins. Just seems that Chabot is more useful to you then a goalie who wins half his starts...Any goalies on the wire?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thanks for the reply. Dropping DeSmith would be the most likely scenario. No goalies on the wire at the moment. That can change though but I can't count on it. I like what I have too but I'm reminded of last year when I won the first two months only to end up in third for the year when players off to hot starts came down to earth.
    10 Team League, Daily Roster Changes, 9F, 4D, 2G 4IR+ Points Only:
    G2, A1, BS.25 PIM.25, PPG1, SHG2, S.025, W2 SO3
    100 Transactions max 20 used
    F Hoffman Tavares, R Smith, Eberle Dubois, Kreider, Skinner, Reinhart, Pastrnak, Ehlers, D Strome, Palmieri, Getzlaf
    D Chabot, Barrie, Reilly, Klefbom, Hedman, Hamilton
    G DeSmith, F Anderson
    IR Trochek, Raanta

The Great One

Just to note that the CBC is reporting that Duchene is likely to be out for a week with a groin injury. So that doesn't sound 'long-term', is implied in your OP.

Dobber Sports Newbie

I did end up making the trade. I saw Raanta may be out for the year and I figured having Price as a second goalie is worth giving up from a position of strength. We'll see what happens.