Thread: Rantanen-Barkov trade help!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Rantanen-Barkov trade help!

Need help with trade. Not sure if being an Avs fan is skewing my decision making on considering this.

I would get

Rantanen, W. Karlsson and 2019 1st rd rookie (likely 7th-9th ovr)

For

Barkov, Puljujarvi, my 2019 1st rd rookie(likely 2nd ovr) and Faulk or Parayko

I’m thinking I could really use a high end player like Rantanen but I don’t know if the gap between him and barkov is big enough to justify losing a prospect in Puljujarvi and 2nd ovr rookie. (D im not worried)

Thoughts?

———————————————————

9 Team Keeper League(keep 30 at end of yr)
    Points(4), PIM(.5) and +/-(.5)

Roster:
    15 F
    7D
    3G
    12Farm
    5Jr spots

Puljujarvi , E. lindholm, Rakell, Barkov, Marner, Dubois, Keller, M. Tkachuk, Couturier, Bratt, Landeskog, Labanc, A. Svechnikov, Chytil, Eriksson Ek

Heiskanen, Provorov, Montour, Hanifin, Parayko, Morrissey, Girard

Holtby, Bobrovsky , Saros

Kaprizov, Matheson, Faulk, Ullmark, Samsonov, Sprong, Joseph, R.Murray(D), Dzingel, Greenway, Kahkonen, Kunin

Vilardi, Tolvanen, Noel, Abramov, Grundström

IR - Subban, Timmins

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Rantanen-Barkov trade help!

Welcome to the forums!

I agree that the gap between Rantanen and Barkov isn't big enough for me to be comfortable losing out on Kakko.

Actually, the more I look at it, with you getting 8th overall back, and Karlsson over Pulj is a big plus too, it does likely come out as pretty even. If you can get a 4th piece of some significance added coming back to you to counteract what you're losing, I would probably pull the trigger. Barkov can be a bit of a band-aid-boy too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Big Daddy

Your league using F rather than C/LW/RW takes away from Rantanen's value a bit. This is a close one but I think I'd still pull the trigger on it.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Thanks! I also own another 1st round round rookie pick (outside top 5 atm) so I think it mitigates a bit losing mine. Prospect are just a tricky thing and never know if they will pan out and Rantanen looks like a top 5 lock for years to come. I’m really trying to find another trade partner to get back in the top 5 though.

Dobber Sports Sage

I like it overall. You get the 1st and 3rd best players in the deal.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

FWIW - the hockey news just put out the top 50 players under 21 years of age. Kakko is 15th on this list. Mitch Marner is 13th and Brock Boeser is 14th...

And in looking at the 2019 draft, I love the first 6 picks. The 7th to 10th pick - very likely a D is the best on the board.

Just keep in mind that falling from 2nd to 7th-9th is an absolutely massive downgrade.

So I did the trade guys. Ended up getting another piece out of it in Andreas Johnsson. Thanks for the help!

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm a little late for this, but this is info for future reference. Focus on the main piece of a deal. In this case you mostly wanted Rantanen using Barkov as the main piece. There really was no need to acquire William Karlsson (who has only had one productive season) or give up such a high draft pick for that matter.

So for next time.... Something like this: Barkov + later 1st round pick (maybe later pick) + one of those D-men for Rantanen alone. This way you would get your guy but still get to keep your 2nd overall pick (HUGE value.)
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Makes sense. But the only way the other party makes the trade is if that 1st rounder is included so i had to get other pieces that made sense to justify trading Barkov and the 1st

The guy I was trading with was 1st place so had to make sense for him too in order for him to part ways with Rantanen

The Great One

Now go out there and kick some butt the rest of the way and make that traded first round pick be the 3rd overall That's the best way to put the screws into the first place team

Just thought Id keep everyone update ended up trading that 1st round i got plus the other one I had and a 1st next year(i should be in the top half) to move back up with the guy that is 3rd to last which ill pass so might still be able to pick 2nd ovr this year haha

- - - Updated - - -

Making a push!