Thread: Frenzy of action

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Frenzy of action

League in sig. New OGM strolled into town and the deals started flying too fast. No time to get any looks here. Had to shoot from the hip when the the targets came available.

Summarized, the deal was
    My ROR, RyJo, Quick, Sergachev, DeBrincat Chiasson Vesalinen
    for
    Bergeron Wheeler Trochek Mike Smith Ty Smith

I feel good because these are three of the best players you can have when healthy and it really adds gravity to the top of my roster. None of these guys has been available until this new guy arrrived.
    On the other hand I hollowed out my teams depth to get these guys and two of the three are out long term. I am using Pontus Aberg and Andreass Johnson to stuff the holes. It is good to feel the rush of taking a risk though. Also counting on the farm for depth, really need Strome, Puljujarvi and others to step up. Was this a mistake up on my part? How big?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Frenzy of action

I like it. Have to take the opportunity to trade for those players when they become available. Doesn't happen often.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Big Daddy

Hard to judge such a big trade with a lot of moving parts but overall I like the trade for you, a lot actually. You don't even miss out that much on ROR's face-off wins because you got Bergeron in return. I also easily prefer Trochek over Johansen, and of course Wheeler over DeBrincat. So you gave up Quick + Sergachev for Mike Smith, big deal. Great trade for you.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It improves the top of your roster, which is a frightening thought.

I have complete confidence that your farm depth will be built back up by February.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Hard to judge such a big trade with a lot of moving parts but overall I like the trade for you, a lot actually. You don't even miss out that much on ROR's face-off wins because you got Bergeron in return. I also easily prefer Trochek over Johansen, and of course Wheeler over DeBrincat. So you gave up Quick + Sergachev for Mike Smith, big deal. Great trade for you.
    There was one last addition so the last part of the deal ends up as Quick, Doughty and Sergachev for Mike Smith, Byfuglien and Radulov.