Thread: Vatanen & a 1st for Ghost & a 3rd? Would you do it?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Vatanen & a 1st for Ghost & a 3rd? Would you do it?

Would you trade Vatanen and a 1st round pick 2018 for The Ghost and a 3rd round pick 2018? I think value wise its pretty fair, what's your toughts?
    Keeper league - 83 500 000$ salary cap (per week) - 8 teams - set roster weekly 10F, 5D, 2G
    Points only
    Keep 23 players at the end of the season + all players on ELC

Forwards: A. Barkov, B. Boeser, M. Bourque, J. Bratt, J. Farabee, K. Fiala, A. Holtz, P. Kane, K. Kaprizov, K. Kakko, T. Konecny, P. Krebs, A. Lafrenière, D. Larkin, E. Malkin, A. Mangiapane, D. Pastrnak, J. Pelletier, J. Puljujarvi, M. Rossi, S. Stamkos, R. Thomas, M. Zibanejad

Defense: C. Addison, T. Barrie, V. Dunn, M. Rielly, B. Schneider, V. Soderstrom, J. Spence, C. York

Goalies:​ K. Kahkonen J. Oettinger, J. Saros, D. Tarasov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Vatanen & a 1st for Ghost & a 3rd? Would you do it?

Seems reasonable, Vatanen will put up around 35 a year and Ghost should be around 50ish. Ghost's cap hit of only $4.5M is nice, and he's locked up for another 4 or 5 years.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Superstar

I am assuming this is the league in your signature.

It's a very shallow league, 8 teams, 10F, 5D and what it seems is a 15 man bench?

How do the picks work? Are they for rookies only? Do you have a farm system? You have Yamamoto and Borgstrom listed, which makes me think that you can just keep rookies on your bench. If that's the case, there's no real point in owning low end prospects because they take up a bench spot, so you only want to keep high end ones, meaning any of the picks beyond the 1st or early 2nd round, probably aren't all that valuable, which means the 3rd is probably a throwaway.

Thus we end up with Ghost for a Vatanen and a 1st. Where do you think the 1st will land? A late 1st for Ghost sounds good, but at the same time, your defense is already pretty stacked.

As long as it's not a top 3 1st, I'd make the deal, but it doesn't seem like it will be all that impactful for you.

The Great One

It seems like a good deal to me, but as allude to above, it does depend upon whether this is a full keeper league. Without more details it is very hard to assess the value of the draft picks.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

We have no maximum players. I actually have 33 players, we protect each year 23 players, players with ELC are automatically protected (Borgstrom, Yamamoto, Hischier, Jost).

I'm in 4th position right now with 410pts the 1st his at 433, so i'm in the race for the top spot this year. We can draft any players at the draft (prospects & non prospects).

Yeah it's a shallow keeper league, i drafted this year Borgstrom and Yamamoto in the 3rd round ( i had two 3rd picks, one 4th = Montour and one 5th=A. Johnsson that i traded with a 4th 2019 for Hamilton). So i can draft pretty good young prospect on late round.

I need to shed some salary for next season, so Ghost is a great bargain, and with his low cap hit i can insert more heavy cap wise players in my weekly line-up. My first draft pick next year will probably be in the bottom 3 so i think i will pull the trigger if the other GM accept my proposal (he is currently in 1st place).
    Keeper league - 83 500 000$ salary cap (per week) - 8 teams - set roster weekly 10F, 5D, 2G
    Points only

Forwards: A. Barkov, B. Boeser, M. Bourque, J. Bratt, J. Farabee, K. Fiala, A. Holtz, P. Kane, K. Kaprizov, K. Kakko, T. Konecny, P. Krebs, A. Lafrenière, D. Larkin, E. Malkin, A. Mangiapane, D. Pastrnak, J. Pelletier, J. Puljujarvi, M. Rossi, S. Stamkos, R. Thomas, M. Zibanejad

Defense: C. Addison, T. Barrie, V. Dunn, M. Rielly, B. Schneider, V. Soderstrom, J. Spence, C. York

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would pull the trigger

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle Jokinen View Post
    My first draft pick next year will probably be in the bottom 3 so i think i will pull the trigger if the other GM accept my proposal (he is currently in 1st place).
    Oh, so you are thinking of offering this to the guy in 1st place and you're in 3rd.

In that case, I see no reason why he would bother accepting it. Hurt his chances for a late 1st? I'd pass.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

He actually thinking about it, but his 3rd replaced by his 4th, i don't mind the downgrade at this point, not much of a difference.
    Points only

The Great One

Give us the draft last year so I can gauge the value of picks in this league.

But I'd probably do it if I'm understanding correctly.

Vatanen and a top 10NHL pick (most likely 4-8ish) for ghost and a third who will still be a NHL first rounder or missed prospect from the year before.

Yeah I'd do that.