Thread: Starting to think beyond Domingue...

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Starting to think beyond Domingue...

The run has been pretty good for my league and I'll keep starting him until there's more news on Vas, but looking towards the new year I'm wondering if there's a goalie I should be adding now? If yes, who is my drop? Keep in mind I have no goalie on this team when vas returns.

M. Smith - (is he's reclaiming the no 1 spot or are we transitioning to a shared role? If it's the former he won't last on the wire until Vas is back and he's a must own on that team).

C. Talbot - see above.

J. Quick - I'm not convinced the team turns it around and all I really care about is wins. Points for shutouts and OT losses but wins are the bread maker.

J. Allen - meh.

H. Lundqvist - intriguing?

J. Halak - worth a mention but I think rask is back.

A. Raanta - currently on ir so I could stash him if I make a move for someone else.

C. DeSmith - similar to what I have in Domingue now only a little bit worse I think?

R. Luongo - love him but I'm not totally sold. Health, consistency, etc.

Surprisingly there are alot of options. Goalies have been weird this season. The only one I think I'd lean to make a move on now is Smith because of the team in front of him. I feel like there's enough other similar options that I can probably wait it out. Is Smith worth dropping a player now in the hope that he's the no 1 by the time Vas comes back? Any Calgary fans have any insight? Who would you drop?
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Starting to think beyond Domingue...

I think your simplest move is dropping Koivu for a similar forward and adding Raanta.
    Smith would be the other option if you're okay dropping a F outright for a goalie.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would pick-up Raanta and stash him on the IR (if you have room). I would then grab Smith as he looks to be returning to form.
    Scooter
    -------------------------------------------------
    C - Hughes (C/LW), Mackinnon (C), Ek (C),
    LW - Stutzle (LW), Raymond (LW/RW), Joshua (C/LW)
    RW - Rantanen (RW), Giouroux (C/RW). Bjorkstrand (RW), Mantha (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Makar, Seider, L Hughes, Matheson, Faber
    G - Saros, Levi, Luukkonen
    IR -
    -------------------------------------------------
    12 team league - 19 on Roster (+4 IR)
    8 keepers, 5 bench, Weekly H2H league,
    11 cat's G,A,PPP,+/-,SOG,PIM,GWG,Hits & W,SV%,GAA
    2 Start at C, LW,RW and G and 4 D.
    55 Moves Regular Season (re-set to 8 for Play-Offs)
    Daily Line-Up Changes[/SIZE][/FONT]

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by IngeTheHammerStrom View Post
    I would pick-up Raanta and stash him on the IR (if you have room). I would then grab Smith as he looks to be returning to form.
    Whos the drop to do that?
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think your simplest move is dropping Koivu for a similar forward and adding Raanta.
    Smith would be the other option if you're okay dropping a F outright for a goalie.
    I did just this, dropped koivu to pick up Trochek/Carter. Hadn't updated my sig but now it's up to date.

Id like to do the samw thing here but would have to drop Carter? Im not one that thinks he should be a free agent but I will eventually need a goalie.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Big Daddy

If all those options are available than I am streaming the goalie position. DeSmith, Luongo, Halak, Smith... all decent options.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    If all those options are available than I am streaming the goalie position. DeSmith, Luongo, Halak, Smith... all decent options.
    Thx for the reply. I've been leaning that way as well but mostly Smith and now talbot (maybe?) have intrigued me. If either can find their game, which appears to be happening, I dont think they'll be available for long.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You drop Carter to add Raanta with the open IR spot. Once the move to IR clears, you can pick somebody else up. Drop Carter before he has a couple days off, he may even be there to grab back, if you like; but with that move, I'd grab another goalie.

I'd grab either:
    Smith, as he's showing he's fighting for the the crease in Calgary.
    Lundquist, because he's a guaranteed starter, and honestly better than Smith. Team is worse, but decent.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.