Thread: Keeper Conundrum

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Keeper Conundrum

Team and league settings in sig... Current Keepers in Bold

Needing some input on who to keep going forward. I really want to keep Pettersson, and I'm a fringe contender right now. Just don't want to lose a keeper for nothing.

I want to err on the side of keeping the goal scorers (Ovie and Seguin) and have a hard time with the thought of missing Marner and Kuzy's potential total output. Is this the right time to move Burns? I feel like if the return is just picks, I'd almost rather roll the dice and keep him for the rest of the year.

Should I look to move 2 of the aforementioned for a consensus "better" keeper? On the surface, the obvious seems to move a piece for goaltending help, but for whatever reason guys LOVE their goaltenders in this league, and there's never a bargain to be had.

What on earth would you do?
    10 Team Keeper League - 5 Players any Position
    G/A/+-/PIM/PPG/PPA/SHP/S/S% W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO
    C - Kuznetzov, Seguin, Backstrom, Pettersson,
    LW - Ovechkin, DeBrincat, Benn
    RW - Marner, Radulov
    D - Burns, Klingberg, Karlsson, Gustafsson
    G - Hart, Markstrom, Jones

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Keeper Conundrum

I would focus on winning this year and worry about keepers in the summer. It's a good problem to have, don't overreact to good problems.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would focus on winning this year and worry about keepers in the summer. It's a good problem to have, don't overreact to good problems.
    He's a fringe contender so thinking about next year might not be an unreasonable strategy, IMO.

If I were thinking of this year, I'd be seeing what I could get for Petterson...I'm not convinced he's top 5 anyways. If you really want to keep Petterson, you might have to throw this year away....

Dobber Sports Titan

That's not the team of a fringe contender though. That's a top 2-3 team easy, if not the best one in the league. Unless I'm really missing something?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would not trade Pettersson in a keep 5 league. He’s the real deal.

Dobber Sports Titan

That's not the team of a fringe contender though. That's a top 2-3 team easy, if not the best one in the league. Unless I'm really missing something?
    Goaltending, Defense and injuries prolly have slowed him down.

He should just stay the course, but I'm curious why he has 5 centers and only 3 defense. I know his 5 centers are really strong players, but 5 centers is way too much. Even if Seguin can swing to RW, 4 centers in a 10 team league is heavy.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

My assumption was that it was a 2C/4W/3D/1UTIL kind of setup. I would only run 3D as well in that league because of the SH% category. They would drag you so far down in that one. With that going you could probably manage not to loose too many man games based on having that many C guys, especially if Seguin is W eligible.

The Great One

I didn't look at it super close, but "fringe contender" are the words of the OP (and not my assessment). As for his team, it looks like there are 8 skater categories and 6 goalie categories. And his goalies are Elliot (hasn't played in ages), Raanta (also can't stay healthy) and Jake Allen (no further comment necessary, lol). Maybe he's getting massacred every week in goal?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If you believe in Pettersson you always have an option of dealing Ovie. It goes against the grain I know but he will eventually slow down and if your looking a little to the future you can gamble that Pettersson and whoever you get in an Ovie trade makes up for that this year, and the picks you get help you out in the future. I wouldn't go so far to say that I would pull the trigger on that, but if you're looking for a different look, that is an option.
    13 Team Best Ball. Pts G,A 1:1 Ratio. 2 Drops (for injured player) for the season. No Pos.
    Auston Matthews, Tim Stutzle, Nico Hischier, Adrian Kempe, Elias Lindholm, Patrick Laine, Filip Forsberg, Gabe Vilardi, Logan Cooley, Owen Tippett