Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Am I too high on Nylander saying no to this trade?? Rep to the quality advice

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Am I too high on Nylander saying no to this trade?? Rep to the quality advice

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    This is a fair point, but Trouba on Winnipeg should hold similar value to the 60-70 point Nylander you described, at least in this scoring setup. Or Svechnikov + Trouba > Nylander + Burakovsky at the very least, based on their current proven production, in this scoring setup. In addition to that there's plenty of upside for both Svechnikov and Trouba that tilts this... I'm kinda floored that this isn't seen as a no-brainer for that side of the deal.
    Fair, any maybe I'm bringing my own bias in this too much rather than taking a more analytical approach to it, but I've just been burned too many times on a players potential and them never really coming anywhere near close to it.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Am I too high on Nylander saying no to this trade?? Rep to the quality advice

I’d trade my Nylander for Svechnikov for sure. Nylander might be on PP2 for a long time while Svechnikov should be the best offensive player on the Canes along with Aho. Trouba makes this trade even better even tho I don’t really trust him yet.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Take the deal... likely Nylander gets moved and without Matthews who knows what his output is. I like the multi-cat player you get with Svechnikov...
    Scooter
    -------------------------------------------------
    C - Hughes (C/LW), Mackinnon (C), Ek (C),
    LW - Stutzle (LW), Raymond (LW/RW), Joshua (C/LW)
    RW - Rantanen (RW), Giouroux (C/RW). Bjorkstrand (RW), Mantha (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Makar, Seider, L Hughes, Matheson, Faber
    G - Saros, Levi, Luukkonen
    IR -
    -------------------------------------------------
    12 team league - 19 on Roster (+4 IR)
    8 keepers, 5 bench, Weekly H2H league,
    11 cat's G,A,PPP,+/-,SOG,PIM,GWG,Hits & W,SV%,GAA
    2 Start at C, LW,RW and G and 4 D.
    55 Moves Regular Season (re-set to 8 for Play-Offs)
    Daily Line-Up Changes[/SIZE][/FONT]

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Badfish View Post
    I've been offered Andrei Schvechnikov + Jacob Trouba for my Nylander.

Am I crazy to deny this trade? Should I ask for a 1st round pick? Or should I straight up keep Nylander.

I mean what if the kid solidifies his spot on Mathews wings and puts up a point per game with high end powerplay production??

Note: My team is not contending this year but planning to go for it next year and beyond and I know, my goalies need help..
    There's no way youre contending next year.

In your position I would take the offer and hope svech is the real deal and you have Trouba as a bonus.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Interesting trade proposal. Svech can be the next Pastrnak, but you'd have to be patient as he's still only 18. I would be inclined to accept this offer if Werenski is on the table. The thing is Svechnivok will the the focus of his teams offense all the time, whereas Nylander is probably #3 at best. I like to have players who are prime focal point.
    12 Team Rotto Keeper League (Keep 10)

Positions: 4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 2G, 5 extra
    Player Stats: G, A, Points, Hits, Blocks, SOG, PPP, SHP, Corsi
    Goalie Stats: GAA, SV%, SV, SO, Wins

Center: Matthews
    Right: Kucherov, Draisaitl, Pastrnak
    Left: Gaudreau
    Defense: Chabot, Letang, Provorov
    Goalies: Vasilevskiy, Binnington