Thread: Filip Forsberg vs Elias Lindholm

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Filip Forsberg vs Elias Lindholm

Forgetting about Forsberg's current injury, who would you rather own going forward for the next few seasons?

Both the same age, Forsberg already an established fantasy asset, Lindholm finally having a breakout. I'm wondering if Lindholm is surpassing Forsberg as the better own. I feel Lindholm had the talent and potential, but his production may be much more deployment driven than Forsberg.

What do you guys think?

Any replies are greatly appreciated!
    9 Team Dynasty Pool. 30 Players, 20 Active (12 F, 6 D, 2 G). 10 Reserves. 20 Roster moves allowed per season.
    Forwards Points Only, D Points, Hits, Blocks, Goalies Wins and Shutouts.
    Drop 10 players in the offseason for free agent draft before season.

Forwards: Barzal, Forsberg, Guentzl, Buchnevic, Barkov, W. Nylander, P. Kane, Crosby, Fiala, Zibanejad, Vrana, Zuccarello, Pavelski, Tarasenko, Kreider, B. Schenn
    Defence: Fox, Sergachev, Pietrangelo, Letang, Karlsson, Hamilton, Spurgeon, Sandin, Boqvist, Matheson

Goal: Hellebuyck, Campbell, Skinner, Murray

The Great One

Default Re: Filip Forsberg vs Elias Lindholm

I came here to post a similar question, though I was going to also throw Trocheck into the mix. Those are the three players I am considering for my league. I can only keep two of them.

Luckily for me, I don't have to make the decision until the off-season, so I will wait to see how the season unfolds. It is certainly hard to compare Lindholm, who is healthy and thriving, to two players who have historically been better, but are injured atm.

FWIW, if I really had to decide right now, I'd drop Lindholm only because he's only done this for 29 games and we have seen many players catch fire for short periods of time, but be unable to sustain the production over the long haul. I also feel that Calgary, as a team, is overachieving offensively right now. They have 5 players over a point-per-game, and that is just not possible to sustain over an entire season. By season's end, they will likely only have two, possibly three, players over a point-per-game. Gaudreau is one of them for sure, and Giordano is the one who definitely won't be a PPG player. I don't know who else will be a PPG player, but I wouldn't be surprised one way or the other when it comes to Lindholm. We really just don't know at this point if he current production is real or just a spurt.

I will say that he sure looks good in the games I've watched.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Tough one. I'd lean towards Forsberg only because he's proven. Lindholm is more of a gamble but he certainly has everything in place for him to keep that fire burning.
    12 Team - Keep 3 (1- Forward / 1- Defense / 1- Goalie / Cannot keep round 1 and 2 picks Cannot trade 1st or 2nd round draft picks)

Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, Hits ,Blks | Goalie; W, L , GAA , SV% , SHO

C - Horvat / Tavares
    LW - Toffoli / Nugent Hopkins / Haula /Hagel
    RW - Necas / Thompson
    D - Makar / Barrie / McNabb / Forsling / Sergachev
    G- Shesterkin
    G- Murray
    IR-Theodore

Dobber Sports Padawan

The fact they are in the same conversation is fun.I'll take Forsberg because of what he's done.. similar upsides anyways
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thank you for the replies guys. I own Lindholm, and have been approached by a couple of other gms in our league about him. One of the names that came up was Forsberg, and I was leaning towards Forsberg, but Lindholm just keeps on scoring!
    9 Team Dynasty Pool. 30 Players, 20 Active (12 F, 6 D, 2 G). 10 Reserves. 20 Roster moves allowed per season.
    Forwards Points Only, D Points, Hits, Blocks, Goalies Wins and Shutouts.
    Drop 10 players in the offseason for free agent draft before season.

Forwards: Barzal, Forsberg, Guentzl, Buchnevic, Barkov, W. Nylander, P. Kane, Crosby, Fiala, Zibanejad, Vrana, Zuccarello, Pavelski, Tarasenko, Kreider, B. Schenn
    Defence: Fox, Sergachev, Pietrangelo, Letang, Karlsson, Hamilton, Spurgeon, Sandin, Boqvist, Matheson

Goal: Hellebuyck, Campbell, Skinner, Murray

Dobber Sports Veteran

Lindholm is a curious case to me. He was a high draft pick but never reached that potential in Carolina. Now hes showing why he was taken 5th overall I guess BUT the question here is - is that just a small sample size/ 3th man on a line with Monahan and Jhonny or a true breakout. I like Forsberg more because he is a guy who can create offence by himself and rely on others like Lindholm( just my opinion).
    Devils & Predators fan