Thread: Timo Meier is a stud! I'll Rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Timo Meier is a stud! I'll Rep

Back tonight after missing 3 games, playing away from Hertl and Couture and still has 1G, 2A, +3 and 4 SOG.

26 points in 26 games. On the account of 2 goals on his past 32 shots (6.25%), his overall shooting % is now 16.5 and his goals and assists are evening out.

Stats for the season: 14 G, 12 A, +7, 85 SOG, 3 PPG.

It's also impressive he only has 3 PPP, and 23 even strength points and he's barely been on pp #1 so far.

I see some similarities to Pastrnak from 15/16 when he broke out for 70, just with Pasta being 22 like Meier, but younger than Meier when he had his big year, but Pasta had played 97 games his first 2 years and Meier was a full timer by year 2 (115 games over same stretch).

I picked him up as a free agent before the season, and he's a fixture in my lineup and has been better than guys I've moved in trades like Benn, Pavelski, Kopitar to look towards next year (currently in bottom 1/2 of standings).

I could see him finishing with 30-40 goals and 30-35 assists. All sort of depends on if his goal pace picks back up here soon.

He's still largely unproven with 68 pts in 141 career games, but looks like he's going to be a stud in the next couple of years. He's also on pace for 258 shots in 79 games. If he shoots a mere 10% and keeps up his shot rate, he'll finish with 31 goals. If he shoots 13%, he'll finish with 36 goals. I could see him finishing with 30-35 most likely. Pretty good value considering he went undrafted this year.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Timo Meier is a stud! I'll Rep

Going into our free agent draft, Meier was on my radar thanks to everyone here at Dobber. I think I picked him up around the 6th round. I hope your analysis is right! I think he has potential to be a consistent 30/30 guy.
    9 Team Dynasty Pool. 30 Players, 20 Active (12 F, 6 D, 2 G). 10 Reserves. 20 Roster moves allowed per season.
    Forwards Points Only, D Points, Hits, Blocks, Goalies Wins and Shutouts.
    Drop 10 players in the offseason for free agent draft before season.

Forwards: Barzal, Forsberg, Guentzl, Buchnevic, Barkov, W. Nylander, P. Kane, Crosby, Fiala, Zibanejad, Vrana, Zuccarello, Pavelski, Tarasenko, Kreider, B. Schenn
    Defence: Fox, Sergachev, Pietrangelo, Letang, Karlsson, Hamilton, Spurgeon, Sandin, Boqvist, Matheson

Goal: Hellebuyck, Campbell, Skinner, Murray

The Great One

I'm not sure I see a question in the OP...

But yeah, Meier is on fire; he was the one guy I was hoping Ottawa would get when Karlsson was moved. No such luck.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Meier is a great reminder to all of us to allow a certain wait time on our young prospects.
    Drafted 9th overall in 2015, so this is his 4th season post-draft.
    And this year, his +4, is exactly when I think is "about right" for a 9th overall pick to pop.

Wingers though, have less two-way responsibility, and can pop a bit sooner.

Point being, be patient with those Couturiers and Dylan-Stromes(2015) and Pavel-Zachas(2015).
    They, too, may still be ready to pop. Joel Eriksson-Ek(2015-20) and Colin White (2015-21) and Jack Roslovic(2015-25) also may still have a pop in them.
    But centers DO often take an extra year or two.
    And we should let the later-draft guys have that same extra year.

For me, Strome & Zacha still have 2019-2020 to prove themselves as break-out.
    And Eriksson-Ek and White and Roslovic still have 2020-2021 to prove themselves.

But good on those that waited on Meier.
    The rewards are here! Very solid player! I'm coming around on him myself!!!