Thread: Batherson or Kyrou, pts only?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Batherson or Kyrou, pts only?

Hey fellas,

I've wanted to get a hold of Kyrou for a long time. The owner in my league is demanding Batherson in return and I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on the deal. I should be able to get a 2nd, lesser asset - someone like Hallander, or a 2nd pp along with Kyrou but with Batherson's early impact I can't quite come to terms with the deal.

So, question is who has the higher upside in pts only? Which would you rather have and why?

I'm rebuilding this year and next and will contend in 2021-22 so time frame shouldn't matter too much as they are both knocking on the door for full time deployment.

Thanks in advance and I'll rep where I can.
    28 team, pts only, Keep 9 (or 10 if you miss playoffs)

Start 9 fwd, 4D, 1G

F: [B] Kuznetsov, Konecny, Hall, Crosby, Kreider, Couturier, Lindholm, Bergeron, Schmaltz
    D: [B] Hedman, *Girard, Jones, Petry, Doughty
    G: [B] Vasilevskiy

Farm
    Heponiemi, Comtois, Kayumov, Krebs, Abramov, Khovanov, Shalagin, Dineen,

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Batherson or Kyrou, pts only?

Tough call. I like Kyrou too and tried unsuccessfully to acquire him. However, Batherson had better stats in CHL playoffs and so far in the pros. Probably not worth the risk.
    12-team Dynasty Salary
    G-A-H-B/W-SO
    Crosby, Giroux, Pavelski, Hagel, Tarasenko, Terry, Bjorkstrand, Joshua, Cotter, Drury, Holtz, Kasper, Dorofeyev, Rosén, Brindley
    Dunn, Sergachev, Nurse, Trouba, Girard, Harley, Korczak, Söderström, Luneau, Pickering, Behrens, Rinzel
    Bobrovsky, Woll, Patera, Garand

10-team Dynasty Roto
    G-A-FOW-STP-H-B/W-GAA-Sv%
    Matthews, Hyman, Bratt, Guentzel, Thompson, Horvat, Lindholm, Buchnevich, Toffoli, Konecny, Rust, Laine, Peterka, Neighbours, Kemell, Snuggerud, Bourque, Wood, Öhgren
    Makar, Josi, Dobson, Pietrangelo, Hanifin, Faber, Spence, Edvinsson, Zellweger, Willander, Bonk, Casey
    Shesterkin, Hellebuyck, Georgiev,
    Wallstedt

The Great One

Seems lateral at best...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys - I have been really unsure about this and I think you've convinced me to stay put. Cheers!
    28 team, pts only, Keep 9 (or 10 if you miss playoffs)

Start 9 fwd, 4D, 1G

F: [B] Kuznetsov, Konecny, Hall, Crosby, Kreider, Couturier, Lindholm, Bergeron, Schmaltz
    D: [B] Hedman, *Girard, Jones, Petry, Doughty
    G: [B] Vasilevskiy

Farm
    Heponiemi, Comtois, Kayumov, Krebs, Abramov, Khovanov, Shalagin, Dineen,