Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Baby it's cold outside pulled!

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Baby it's cold outside pulled!

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...ist/1645713772

90 percent of people in the bay area (one of the most left wing areas in the USA) want the song to remain on the local playlist (over 11k voters at the time of the article).

The silent majority has spoken. . The ironic thing for the ones complaining about the lyrics, the song has never been played more or been talked about more than it has in the last few weeks.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    The ironic thing for the ones complaining about the lyrics, the song has never been played more or been talked about more than it has in the last few weeks.
    Conspiracy confirmed?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

It's not ironic at all. In fact, it's very predictable. Hence the LOL at all these radical right wingers that are overreacting about this...

Dobber Sports Titan

I just love how this song is banned but I can bet you there's a rap song on the top 100 that's saying stuff just as bad.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I just love how this song is banned but I can bet you there's a rap song on the top 100 that's saying stuff just as bad.
    I can bet you every single rap song in the top100 has stuff worse than this song.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    To be fair....its not banned, they are just choosing not to play it
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Pro

Fake problems like this make me feel thankful that we have so few real problems worth talking about right now...

Dobber Sports Genius

You know what I love though about all of this, is the people saying they don't care. Then why even post on this thread? Why does this thread have 69 posts on it then? The masses obviously care but oh well this thread has ran it's course.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    You know what I love though about all of this, is the people saying they don't care. Then why even post on this thread? Why does this thread have 69 posts on it then? The masses obviously care but oh well this thread has ran it's course.
    My point wasn't that I don't care. My point was that it is not an important issue and probably nobody should care. That being said, I realize that a lot of people do care. People have been giving ****s about things that don't deserve to be given a **** about since the beginning of time. Why would they stop now?

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't think it's this specific issue alone that people posting care about. It's more the totality of the direction society is heading, more a culmination if ridiculousness. At least that's why I've chosen to post.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Pro

Some people whine and complain about things that they think need to change, while other people whine and complain about changes that they feel didn't need to happen.

It all comes down to the narcissistic view that the world should be the way that we personally want it to be. The individual issues are largely unimportant, though many aren't as ridiculously unimportant as the particular one this thread is about.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I don't think it's this specific issue alone that people posting care about. It's more the totality of the direction society is heading, more a culmination if ridiculousness. At least that's why I've chosen to post.
    I think you and I are on the same page with this. People don't understand that every passing year these little inches are adding up, our society has been drastically overhauled in the last 5 years. Some things for the better and somethings for the worse. Right now I think the line has crossed to the excessive, were willing to bend to the few on very minor issues, in some cases there doing so just to get attention. People are not being asked to be resilient or rise up anymore there being coddled beyond belief. I think were heading down a very strange path in humanity, one that will topple on it's head sooner then later.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Pro

I think you and I are on the same page with this. People don't understand that every passing year these little inches are adding up, our society has been drastically overhauled in the last 5 years. Some things for the better and somethings for the worse. Right now I think the line has crossed to the excessive, were willing to bend to the few on very minor issues, in some cases there doing so just to get attention. People are not being asked to be resilient or rise up anymore there being coddled beyond belief. I think were heading down a very strange path in humanity, one that will topple on it's head sooner then later.
    In fairness, the conservatives of the 18th century probably echoed this same sentiment. And then the conservatives of the 19th century who would've been liberals by 18th century standards probably echoed it too in their time. And so on. Life has always been a battle between the mindsets of "change" and "stay the same".

Spoiler alert: "stay the same" never wins in the long run. Change and progress are part of human nature, regardless of whether that progress proves ultimately good or not.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    In fairness, the conservatives of the 18th century probably echoed this same sentiment. And then the conservatives of the 19th century who would've been liberals by 18th century standards probably echoed it too in their time. And so on. Life has always been a battle between the mindsets of "change" and "stay the same".

Spoiler alert: "stay the same" never wins in the long run. Change and progress are part of human nature, regardless of whether that progress proves ultimately good or not.
    I think it's gone beyond 'Conservatives'. When over 90 percent of people want the song to stay on the air and aren't offended by it there are a lot of non-conservatives thinking the same thing as the conservatives (all ethnicities, political views, and sexual orientations will be represented to some degree in that 90 percent). This is a 'less than 10 percent of people have a funny way of looking at it' thing that the vast majority disagree with. Political association isn't relevant here. Common sense is relevant.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Star

On one hand, it is more than a little ironic, that there are a lot of people offended that other people are offended...

Rylant