Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Baby it's cold outside pulled!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Baby it's cold outside pulled!

Whatever, most people can't even get the words right to songs anyway!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I think that's part of the problem. Individuals should be monitoring this not major networks or government. When I was a kid, some kids were allowed to watch the Simpsons and some weren't. It was ofte based on things like family values, morals, and beliefs. That's an individual adult decision or parental job, not the TV networks that play the show.

The more we take away individual responsibility from people (owning their decisions and not blaming someone for literally everything) the worse this is going to get.
    Its a major networks right to air what ever they want to air (within the boundaries of the law). If they feel the song doesnt adhere to their standards then so be it, its their decision.

#moose

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Its a major networks right to air what ever they want to air (within the boundaries of the law). If they feel the song doesnt adhere to their standards then so be it, its their decision.

#moose
    I don't disagree with their right to air what they want. They've had no issue airing the song for literally decades. It's adhered to their standard for years. They are letting others influence their decisions which is also fine.

I'm saying that limiting information that people can access isn't the solution. The word would be a better place if the majority of people took responsibility for themselves, educated themselves, and made their own decisions. You don't agree with the lyrics then don't listen to the song. Not airing a 70+ year old holiday song shouldn't even be a thing that we read about and debate. Such a first world ridiculous issue.

Edit: the whole mentality of 'I'm listening to my favorite radio station and all of sudden I don't agree with some lyrics so instead of changing the station and listening to something else I'm going to post it all over social media and get super righteous about something that could be interpreted in a number of ways by a number of different people. But I don't care about that, I only care about how I interpret this and how it makes me feel in this moment so I'm going to get on a huge forum and announce it to anyone else that has nothing better to do but listen.' Then a bunch of follower networks panic and pull the song because someone else did. That's what needs to stop.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I don't disagree with their right to air what they want. They've had no issue airing the song for literally decades. It's adhered to their standard for years. They are letting others influence their decisions which is also fine.

I'm saying that limiting information that people can access isn't the solution. The word would be a better place if the majority of people took responsibility for themselves, educated themselves, and made their own decisions. You don't agree with the lyrics then don't listen to the song. Not airing a 70+ year old holiday song shouldn't even be a thing that we read about and debate. Such a first world ridiculous issue.

Edit: the whole mentality of 'I'm listening to my favorite radio station and all of sudden I don't agree with some lyrics so instead of changing the station and listening to something else I'm going to post it all over social media and get super righteous about something that could be interpreted in a number of ways by a number of different people. But I don't care about that, I only care about how I interpret this and how it makes me feel in this moment so I'm going to get on a huge forum and announce it to anyone else that has nothing better to do but listen.' Then a bunch of follower networks panic and pull the song because someone else did. That's what needs to stop.
    times change.. so do meanings of lyrics and such. Do you think its ok for actors to go back in time and use black-face? that was common and deemed ok at the time.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Sage

times change.. so do meanings of lyrics and such. Do you think its ok for actors to go back in time and use black-face? that was common and deemed ok at the time.
    No I don't and it's not even close to the same thing. The fact that you compare the two furthers my point. I'm going to stop. Not worth it.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Star

Do you think its ok for actors to go back in time and use black-face? that was common and deemed ok at the time.
    If somebody can figure out a way to go back in time, I'll fully support their blackface choice.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    What about the movie Elf... is it going to get pulled because it has that song in it?
    NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

What the hell is this world coming to? I'm sure I will get crucified for saying this, but I have never thought of this song as being anything more than a Christmas tune. It never occurred to me that maybe the dude is a sexual predator. Really!! Listen to the tone, the quiet giggles throughout, and there is clearly nothing untoward going on.

Just stop it with all this censorship. STOP IT. I'm seriously worried that someday, someone is going to open up the floodgates of censorship and ban all music by the likes of artists like Nirvana, Tupac Shakur, Madonna, all poetry by poets like Hilda Doolittle, Dorothy Livesay and Ezra Pound or the novels of Margaret Atwood, D.H. Laurence and Harper Lee. I am not advocating that sexual aggression or harassment should be tolerated, but this is just a bit too much.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    It's a song from the 1940's. Pretty sure the reference originally intended was booze. Mark Twain feels this pain.
    Very influential.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

What the hell is this world coming to? I'm sure I will get crucified for saying this, but I have never thought of this song as being anything more than a Christmas tune. It never occurred to me that maybe the dude is a sexual predator. Really!! Listen to the tone, the quiet giggles throughout, and there is clearly nothing untoward going on.

Just stop it with all this censorship. STOP IT. I'm seriously worried that someday, someone is going to open up the floodgates of censorship and ban all music by the likes of artists like Nirvana, Tupac Shakur, Madonna, all poetry by poets like Hilda Doolittle, Dorothy Livesay and Ezra Pound or the novels of Margaret Atwood, D.H. Laurence and Harper Lee. I am not advocating that sexual aggression or harassment should be tolerated, but this is just a bit too much.
    That was already tried from 1939 to 1945.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Strome, Haula
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Svechnikov-RW/LW, Hathaway
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Benoit, Schneider, Burroughs
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Ninja

Lame but whatever. The song can still be heard everywhere and it will probably get even more plays now. Mostly meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    What about the movie Elf... is it going to get pulled because it has that song in it?
    Elf is a movie about a full grown, mentally ill man who has the mind of an adolescences having a relationship with Zoey Deschanel, eating nothing but candy.

There would be other reasons why Elf gets lifted if they're this sensitive lol.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

At the end of the day, I couldn't care if the song gets played on the radio or not. I just hate the way society over-analyzes and has become too sensitive to these matter.

My life will go on one way or the other.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Just so that I am clear: some private broadcasters (in some cases, reacting directly to their customer's feedback) make a decision to pull a song...and this is a victory for the radical left? What do you propose? Perhaps creating a government agency that's in charge of telling private broadcasters which songs to play and when?
    Yah your right there is no left leaning bias in mainstream media....

"In 2015, the Liberal Party was returned to power. As part of its election platform, it promised to restore the $115 million of funding to the CBC that was cut by the Harper Government, over three years, and add $35 million, for a total extra funding of $150 million."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadi...ng_Corporation
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    At the end of the day, I couldn't care if the song gets played on the radio or not. I just hate the way society over-analyzes and has become too sensitive to these matter.

My life will go on one way or the other.
    I think the issue is, other people feel like their life won't go on unless the song is pulled... ITS LIFE OR DEATH axe, life. or. death.

Sensitive is an understatement at this point.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    I think the issue is, other people feel like their life won't go on unless the song is pulled... ITS LIFE OR DEATH axe, life. or. death.

Sensitive is an understatement at this point.
    Yup exactly exactly... any bit of discomfort and it is DEATH. Imagine if the people that are so sensitive grew up with a good ol' spanking now and again. They would realize that a little bit of 'sting' in a corrective manner was a good thing and that they weren't going to die if things didn't go their way all the time.