Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby it's cold outside pulled!

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Baby it's cold outside pulled!

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/apos-baby-...170902640.html

Being pulled by three major broadcasters. Another big victory for the radical left and new age Marxism followers. Wasn't all this ridiculous censorship on music or art for that matter put to bed with the rise of mainstream rock n roll in the 60's and 70's. These little issues add up and pretty soon it will turn from people protecting the vulnerable to attacking anyone that does not fit the new societal norm. Look at any country that has gone down this path in history and there is some nasty consequences.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Baby it's cold outside pulled!

"What's in this drink?" and "Baby, don't hold out."
    Terrible, terrible lyrics. lol It's getting crazy.

Like Joan Collins said, just kick them in the groin.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

What about the movie Elf... is it going to get pulled because it has that song in it?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    What about the movie Elf... is it going to get pulled because it has that song in it?
    That scene is so funny...
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Meh. I sort of get it.
    I tell my wife that maybe the world should have some really large hairy giants that force themselves on men... so that those men get it.

But... the song has some memories.
    I'm all for a compromise where the lyrics are overhauled.
    I'd be down with that.

I mean, two-way street is important.
    I was just on my wife's facebook and this one site was reshowing this buff half-clad male elf pole-dancing...
    And I thought...
    Woah. Woah, woah.
    If this was posted by a man with a scantilly clad female elf doing the pole-dance, the interwebz would be up in arms.
    But the women felt OK having a field day with their one-liners about him.
    Tsk, tsk, ladies.

The Great One

Just so that I am clear: some private broadcasters (in some cases, reacting directly to their customer's feedback) make a decision to pull a song...and this is a victory for the radical left? What do you propose? Perhaps creating a government agency that's in charge of telling private broadcasters which songs to play and when?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well , there goes my Led Zeppelin collection.

Seriously though, I get it but that is a form of censorship. As a society (mankind in general) we have already started down the slippery slope while trying not to offend anyone. We have been heading into the zone of offending more by trying to be politically correct.
    Whatever happened to manners, doing the right thing for the right reasons, compassion and morals ? The worlds moral compass is way out of whack.

Merry Christmas
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Genius

I didn't even know that was a thing...
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Veteran

I give up. We are "me tooing" art now?

Are we going to ban or stop playing any song that might possibly be interpreted in a way that could potentially be found to be offensive by one person somewhere? Are paintings and sculptures next?

I really don't care about this particular song but the precedence is truly scary.

It seems like society's answer to dealing with "historical actions now deemed unacceptable" is to delete them from history. Is this really the solution?

Dobber Sports Deity

Today's generation of over-sensitive, over-worried people take something so trivial and once again make a big deal over something so minute. This is the pathetic world we live in today.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

It's a song from the 1940's. Pretty sure the reference originally intended was booze. Mark Twain feels this pain.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

LOL, but rapping about killing cops and nasty things to women is still Coolio! Got it. Hey wait, people still listen to the radio?
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    LOL, but rapping about killing cops and nasty things to women is still Coolio! Got it. Hey wait, people still listen to the radio?
    i think the argument is - parents monitor/censor their kids from rap... they don't monitor/censor them from mainstream Christmas songs
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

They should leave it to the parents to decide what is best for their kids

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    i think the argument is - parents monitor/censor their kids from rap... they don't monitor/censor them from mainstream Christmas songs
    I think that's part of the problem. Individuals should be monitoring this not major networks or government. When I was a kid, some kids were allowed to watch the Simpsons and some weren't. It was ofte based on things like family values, morals, and beliefs. That's an individual adult decision or parental job, not the TV networks that play the show.

The more we take away individual responsibility from people (owning their decisions and not blaming someone for literally everything) the worse this is going to get.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):